Permanent Makeup? Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanent Makeup? Anyone?

I would love to get my lips colored in and not have to use lipstick. Without lipstick, my lips are the same color as my face. I really should throw on lipstick before I even think about leaving the house, but I'm too tired to bother and find it hard enough to get out the door (let alone get out the door and look decent!). I look like such a hag/frump that I try to only go to places where I know I won't see anyone I know (and I have learned what places to avoid at all costs after living in this town for 5 years now unless I look great...which is never!).

Sometimes I'm too tired to brush my teeth, so being too tired to put on makeup is a given. I always thought permanent makeup was more for people with M.S. who couldn't use their hands anymore. I never thought along the lines of simply being too exhausted to do a little thing like put on lipstick, but I really am that exhausted all the time!

Of course, the color may come out weird (I don't even want to look like I'm wearing lipstick, I only want to look like I actually have lips!) and then what?? Even celebrities have no guarantee of having good cosmetic work even with professional makeup artists to put on the final polish!

Anything to simplify getting out of the house would make me want to get out of the house more...and the more I stay home, well, the more I stay home. I don't know if I'm a shut-in yet, but I could be soon!
    Tawanda

I used to be the don't let anyone see you without full makeup and a suit on person. Things have changed a lot lol.

I have worn makeup once this year and now it feels like a mask. I have noticed that since stopping makeup and eating better my skin looks awesome and I don't really need makeup. I have very full lips naturally but they are pale and dry looking so I use Burts Bees colored balm and really like it. It took a couple of decades but I finally realised that less is more and am comfortable with me.

My only appearance related must haves now are nice eyebrows to frame my eyes and lip balm. Permanent makeup kind of scares me, it seems like too much can go wrong and vanity is the least of my problems at this point. That's just my opinion, I know that not wearing makeup feels like giving in to a lot of us. But just like a lot of other things with MS, perception and adjustment are everything as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

My daughter also had the eyeliner tattoo work done several years ago. Her eyes were red, swollen and sore for about 3 days. Then in about 3 weeks the eyeliner was gone. It certainly does not last.

Comment

Go for it!

I know someone who had her lips done and was very happy with it. I just had spider veins and a varicose vein in my legs injected so they would lessen or disappear. I'm very happy I did it. I did almost kick the dr. though, because of my heightened reflexes due to ms.

Comment

Don't do it. My daughter is a tattoo artist, permanent makeup is the only tattoo she will refuse to do.
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

permemant makeup

does this really last? My youngest daughter has had liner done, so far so good. She has several tatoos. It's her thing. Makes me scared. Also worry because of the MRI required so many times a year. Would permenant makeup be a problem? Too tired to put it on anymore and I look like a ghost???

Comment

That's right Sparky! There is no metal in tattoo ink, it's plant based now. Back in the day there was mercury and/or iron in the ink. No worries for MRI machines.
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
              X