meds or baby??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meds or baby??

I was hoping someone had some feed back for me.. I was told jan 09 that I had ms (10 days before my wedding day) Ill never forget that. We talked then about meds I never started anything because my husband and I really wanted a baby. Its been 3 yrs and many treatments later and still no baby After seeing the dr yesterday he doesnt want me to continue much longer without meds I feel once I do get on meds I have to give up my dream of being a mom but if I continue without meds I could be hurting myself in the future. I have a mri next tues Im hoping he's happy with what he sees and it buys me some time... upset and confused Anyone been through this??

Oh, honey, what a heartbreaking place to be. Would it be worth investigating adoption? That way you could have a child and also be on meds. I know that "just adopt!" isn't as easy as it sounds and that it's not the right choice for every family...and I'm quite certain it has crossed your mind before. Maybe it is the best of both worlds solution?

My kids are IVF babies, and I understand the horrible, horrible pain of each month coming with no pregnancy. Needing to get on meds as well is just cruel, Mother Nature.

Comment

Alicious thanks for you reply...Congrats to you and your IVF babies its always nice to hear success with that. I'm really hoping to be able to try at least one more time.. We have talked about adoption haven't looked to far into it with hopes that something would work for us but if my doc is concerned after my next mri it might be worth looking into further.

Comment

Much luck to you with conception/adoption/family building, as well as your upcoming MRI!

Comment

Have you considered surrogacy, so that the baby is still biologically yours & your husband's, and that you can go on treatment? Like the baby will be growing inside another uterus while you start dmds. I know it can be costly, but that might be a way for you to have both?

Hope your next MRI is good regardless!
          Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
          UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

We haven't really thought about surrogacy but it can't hurt to look into we're both ready and willing to do what it takes Thanks to the both of you!!

Comment

im recently married, and more recently diagnosed. i chose copaxone as my dmd b/c it is pregnancy category b. i have talked to my neuro about it and i will not go off of it until i am actually pregnant, which is in the plans for a year or two or three from now
              Katie
              dx rrms: 2/12
              copaxone 3/12 - current
              dx pcos 6/13
              gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

Originally posted by klabrie View Post
                We haven't really thought about surrogacy but it can't hurt to look into we're both ready and willing to do what it takes Thanks to the both of you!!
                You are in my prayers

Comment

I am so sorry u are going through this!! I know that it is a tough place to be....my husband and I have also been ttc and I suffered a heartbreaking misscariage in october. Then this evening I was thinking....maybe I'm not supposed to be a mother...what if my kid has ms.....blah blah blah!! Try to keep ur head up and keep trying. How r u feeling? I think that is important to consider at this time too...good luck with the MRI and keep us posted.....****hug!!!****

Comment

I was diagnosed one month before my wedding and immediately went on copaxone. I only cared about becoming a parent but my husband was laid off that month as well and I was in the middle of my bachelors degree.

Not the most ideal time for a baby. It is two and a half years later and we are now ready. I went off all my meds dec 1st and we started actively trying feb 1st.

It has only been a couple months but I am so anxious. With summer coming, I know that hot months are really tough on me. I know that it is not good to be stressed out but I feel like I am in such a hurry! I read a lot of articles so I know all the advice about not trying so hard. Really, like we can think of anything else?**post edited by Moderator to break into paragraphs for easier reading! many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print**

Comment

Chell Nike got it right. Just do it. It'll happen when you stop thinking about it, you know?

May everyone on here who wants to be a mother be blessed with a beautiful healthy child

Comment

Working...
                      X