Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self Cathing is supposed to be Painless????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Cathing is supposed to be Painless????

I've been having some retention problems, and from everything I read self-cathing is supposed to be painless.

Well it's not painless for me, and so I've tried to adjust some things....and even though better, it's still sort of "twingy."

I was given a 14 FR straight cath, but it hurt. I went on the internet and ordered a few of different kinds and sizes and found that the 10 FR was a better size, but even the Speedicath, which is supposed to be one of the ones that causes the least friction, is a bit ouchy going in and coming out. I definitely think the flexible, smaller kind are better.

I was told years ago that my urethra was tipped or tilted (that was probably 8 years ago when I used to have to cath...and it was painful then too, I just didn't know it wasn't supposed to be ), so maybe it's just something I'll have to deal with. I'm seeing the urologist tomorrow and will bring it up to him.

But of all you ladies that have or do self cath...was it always painless?

I kinda had the same problem but I am not cathing right now due to pregnancy but Mine only hurt when coming out....

Comment

Not painful

I have been self cathing for at least 5 years. What a god send it has been for me. I went from needing to urinate every 15 minutes to every 2 hours. I was getting up every hour at night, now only once a night. The only time it was painful was when I wasn't being careful and I bruised my urethra.

Comment

Working...
      X