Tweezers, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweezers, anyone?

I can't seem to take care of my own eyebrows anymore, and it's driving me nuts!

My hands shake when I hold my tweezers, and the closer I get to whatever stray hair I'm trying to pluck, the harder it is to be still.

Have any of you come up with any solutions for this? I can't stand the thought of having stray hairs here and there on my face, not to mention the crazy eyebrows!
    “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

Do you have a trusted hair dresser? Many of them do waxing. It's relatively pain free. I've had my brows waxed for years.

(Now don't ask me about the upper lip...not so pain free, but still totally necessary )

Comment

Originally posted by KarenR View Post
      Do you have a trusted hair dresser? Many of them do waxing. It's relatively pain free. I've had my brows waxed for years.

(Now don't ask me about the upper lip...not so pain free, but still totally necessary )
      That's what I've resorted to.
      When I get my hair cut, I get my brows waxed. I get my hair cut about every six weeks and surprisingly my brow wax lasts about that long. doesn't hurt, takes 5 minutes and costs 10 bucks...well worth it for me.

Comment

Treat yourself to a facial at an aesthetician's - mine plucks my eyebrows for me I go about once a month.
        Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
        UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

I know exactly how you feel.

Has anyone tried one of those little wax pots they sell at Sally's and if so, do they work well?
          I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Ha! you have picked up on my pet peeve, obsession, whatever you want to call it.

I have been plucking my eyebrows for years myself and now my vision is getting really bad so I kind of feel the hairs with my finger and then try to find the sucker lol. Who knows if I am getting them all, I just quit when it feels smooth.

So I've been thinking of getting them waxed but my first question is do I have to let them grow in first? Because all the little hairs seem to be on a different schedule because I pluck often. And how long does it really last? I can afford the $10 a month but if I had to do it weekly, I'll have to go back to my blind plucking.

Thanks and sorry if I highjacked the thread.
            I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

I hope more people respond to this, because I'm wondering the exact same thing! I've thought about having threading done, but I have the same problem: the little hairs pop up DAILY. What to do?!?
              “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” Thoreau

Comment

What about a magnification mirror? Would that help?
                Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

I do use one, and it helps me see my target better, but it seems the harder I concentrate on trying to hit it, the more my fingers shake. I've resorted to using my pinky for my iphone for the same reason. I seem to be able to stabalize the shaking better and hit the numbers/letters I intend to hit.

Comment

I've been having similar problems with tweezing, but mine aren't with shaky hands but rather, with optic neuritis. one eye works and the other doesn't. It's pretty irritating.

Comment

Waxing believer........:-)

Get them waxed. I have gone to 3 people just to test them out. Great Cuts does it as well as most nail places.
                      I go to my hair dresser to have them done every other month with him.
                      The rest of the time I go to Great Cuts. Works for me, might work for you. (I trade off months between hairdresser and Great Cuts.)Get eyebrows done at least omce a month.
                      Trisha

Comment

I was thinking about threading, but waxing would work, too. Just made me realize that I'm going to have to have my toenails done this summer, too! This could get expensive!

Comment

Working...
                        X