Lost interest...help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost interest...help?

I've read some posts that indicate difficulty with "getting" up or "staying" up, and there are pills for that, we all know. But I'm having issues with "interest".

I've always enjoyed a very healthy and active sex life, but lately I find myself not really caring one way or the other . My DW is starting to look at me funny because I used to chase her all over the house...all the time. (well, until I caught her )

Is this normal?
    "Tona Naze"
    Symptoms for six years plus. Dx RRMS September 2011. Drugs??? Nope!!!

The pills are able to help with the circulatory issues that cause ED but not the neurological causes, so with MS they aren't always, and entirely effective. But well worth trying.

As for interest, its possible the physical difficulties create an unwillingness to "work" at something that was always natural and easy. So you stop trying or lose interest. Over time, they can amount to the same thing.

Its a major factor in marital challenges for men with MS, in my case perhaps the biggest. While I can understand what is happening, and can't claim that I've be successful at overcoming it, you can't give up. Yes for her sake but also for yours.
    Steve
    sometimes you can't make it on your own

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I do appreciate it.
      "Tona Naze"
      Symptoms for six years plus. Dx RRMS September 2011. Drugs??? Nope!!!

Comment

Have you had your testosterone levels checked? Sometimes a periodic shot can increase your desire. Check with Dr.

Comment

hello oso49, i;m 58 so is my wife.were 40 years married. my intrest started to fade about 10 years ago but this last year fell off the table. at one time MJ and herbs would help but not so good now, GNC and Iherb have some mens stuff you can try. good luck.mark
          DX's,MS,1/8/04
          copaxone

Comment

I hear you brother same here and it pisses me off because it seems like everything in this country is rapped around having sex like it is the only way to be happy my wife has never been that interested in sex thankfully 29yr and counting she's my rock good luck Mark

Comment

Working...
            X