Botox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox

Has anyone had botox for the overactive (Spasmatic) bladder? Have read that it's done in the doctors ofc and is effective up to a year. Can you imagine, wearing regular (cloth) panties instead of "incontinence" supplies? Gonna check this out with neuro...but would like to hear if this has been okay for others.
    [I]Tellnhelen
    Progressive Relapsing MS

I had this done this past December. He didn't do it in his office, was what I would call a procedure, possible surgery suite. But I have to tell you, I am soooo happy I had this done. What a difference it has made. Bladder is not back 100%, but probably about 90% and I'll gladly take that. I can now sleep through the night without getting up to go to the bathroom anywhere between 1-4 times. Even just during the day, have gone 6 hrs without going! I consider that a victory! I just had a follow up appt, all is going well, they are saying for some it will last a year, the average is probably 8-9 months. My procedure was scheduled at 1:00 and we were on the road home by 3:30. It's a godsend for me. Let me know if you have any other questions

Comment

Thanks for responding. I'm glad things went well for you and you can sleep thropugh the night. I have one question: is it "regular" or "depends" underwear?
      [I]Tellnhelen
      Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

I never used Depends, only regular pads. Am now just able to use a very light pad/pantiline which I did long before the bladder issues. This procedure is amazing, the outcome is better than I could have imagined. I'm definatly a fan and happy to share my experience.

Comment

botox

I have only got in my foot. Have you gone to a urologist? Straight catherization got rid of my bladder issues.
          Not Giving Up - DX 8/16/06
          Copaxone 9/06 / Off Copaxone 2/08
          Tysabri 7/23/08

Comment

botox works?

What about UTI issues?

I am dealing with one and am thinking about botox for this summer.
            Karin
            Karin- archaeologygirl

Comment

Working...
            X