27 Year Old With MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27 Year Old With MS

Hi everyone, I have had MS for almost 5 years now. I was diagnosed back when I was 22. I am 27 now. I have a 7 year old son, and sometimes he complains about bees in his feet. I get so nervous when he says this, I am not sure if his feet just fell asleep or if he really is experiencing some tingling/numbness. I have been on 7 different MS medications and I am currently on Cytoxan. I have been on Betaseron, Tysabri, Rituximab, IVIG, Cellcept, Myfortic, and Gilenya. Nothing seems to stick for me, that is the problem. On each MRI that I get, there seems to be either more lesions or my current lesions are active. I am just nervous about everything, I feel like I am losing my mind sometimes.

You've been through a lot in 5 years. I've found that many of us are on the anxious side of things, even before diagnosis. Was that the case for you?

I understand it must make you crazy to hear him say that. I'm always looking at my kids. I try to calm my fears by giving them VitaminD. My 12 yo daughter's legs somtimes fall asleep, but I think it's just her sitting funny. I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions, but remain watchful for other symptoms being careful not to make either of you neurotic.

Go to: http://www.overcomingmultiplescleros...amily-Members/

You might check out the site, join and post your question there. You may find information for yourself as well. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BigA View Post
      You've been through a lot in 5 years. I've found that many of us are on the anxious side of things, even before diagnosis. Was that the case for you?

I understand it must make you crazy to hear him say that. I'm always looking at my kids. I try to calm my fears by giving them VitaminD. My 12 yo daughter's legs somtimes fall asleep, but I think it's just her sitting funny. I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions, but remain watchful for other symptoms being careful not to make either of you neurotic.

Go to: http://www.overcomingmultiplescleros...amily-Members/

You might check out the site, join and post your question there. You may find information for yourself as well. Good Luck.
      I will check out that site, thank you. I definitely have some anxiety issues. I was diagnosed with MS in May of 2007 and then I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in September of 2007. Having a dual diagnosis in the same year was quite shocking. Also, because of having the bipolar disorder, I am not sure if the depression that I have been experiencing lately is from the MS or from the bipolar. Thank you for your response.. :-)

Comment

Working...
      X