Metastatic Breast Cancer & MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metastatic Breast Cancer & MS

I'm finally in a 'remission' period of RRMS, and then now my Triple Negative Breast Cancer makes a return debut...in my lungs.

My Oncologist gave me the Xeloda chemo pill, which luckily, for me is only giving me slight side effects. Is anyone else taking this pill? I normally take Copaxone as well, and I haven't restarted this yet. Does anyone know if Xeloda and Copaxone do okay taking at the same time?

I asked the docs, they said, no, but they don't take these.
    The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

MS and TNBC

It looks like both of us have hit what I call the medical jackpot. I am sorry to hear that you have lung mets. I was diagnosed with RRMS about 6 years ago and then about 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer - Stage IIa, Grade 3. At the time of by TNBC diagnosis I was taking Rebif. I took it through my 1st few rounds of chemotherapy and then took a "Rebif sabbatical" for a year. Once all my surgery and treatment was over I re-started the Rebif injections. I have seen no difference in my MS symptoms over the last 2 years and my most recent MRI shows no new lesions.

I participate in a discussion board for women (and men) with breast cancer and I know several ladies there are taking Xeloda. I don't think any of them have MS though. If you want some feedback on TNBC, Xeloda or any other breast cancer topic you should go to: www.csn.cancer.org/forum.

You should also contact the Copaxone support group and get the manufacturer's input about any interactions between Copaxone and Xeloda. Either your oncologist or neurologist should be able to consult a pharmacologist and get information about the two drugs.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

just a note , i am a guy here, my wife has stage 4 breast cancer and doing different chemo's, i am the one with MS, and i did chemo for my MS but it did not help just saying i would think while on chemo it would be good for your MS either way god speed

Comment

TNBC & MS

I've been trying to find all the information I can, I'm on informational overload again... I have Stage 4, lung mets in both lungs, so an oxygen tank/machine has been my companion.
        I'm always wary of any interactions, I was on Rebif first go around back in 2008. I appreciate the support, and I will be checking that link. MS is behavin', but now the cancer is being a poor sport! LOL!

Comment

Wishing you well

dear fixitgal... the cancer may not be a good sport, but you certainly are!
          Love your attitude and sense of humor -- way to go.

'scuse the typing; i'm on my side in bed, holding keyboard in one hand and typing with the other [temporary situation]

many healing blessings to you!1lL

Comment

Thanks for the support!

Thanks everyone for your support- that's why this site is here.
            Cancer and MS.. my own personal tag team. I'm in second cycle of chemo pills, and I'm off my oxygen YAY! and I've noticed my pain is lessened. I'm hoping to hear that the tumors are responding to treatment, because if they're not, at least I'm feeling better. Although, currently I'm sitting in a Cancer hospital bed, what I'm here for is side effects and not problems with the tumors.

One minute, hour, day at a time. I'm more optimistic than I was 4 months ago.

Comment

Working...
            X