Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI while trying to conceive??

Good evening all....

My question to you all is: my husband and I are going to try to conceive this month. According to the fertility calculator, we should be getting busy Wednesday - Saturday of next week. I am scheduled to have an MRI on Friday. I know that obviously we shoulnt try before Friday, but what about Friday after the test? Is exposure that close, even though actual conception wouldnt be until after the test, an issue?? Should I wait or reschedule? Oh yeah, I miscarried a pregnancy in October, and this is the first time since! Thoughts????

my first thought is to ask your drs.- OBGYN and neuro.

so sorry about your miscarriage. i remember how painful mine was. ((hug))

may God bless you with a healthy soon to be pregnancy!

let us know what drs. say. others might be wondering the same thing.
    keep in touch!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Hello -
      First of all, I am so sorry about your miscarriage. I have had two and they are devestating. I have had a successful pregnancy since then and now have a beautiful daughter that just turned a year old. I had an MRI in May of 2010, not realizing that I was pregnant. I was actually almost 2 weeks along; I just was not late yet. I called my OB as soon as I found out and asked about the MRI. She told me that is actually one of the only tests that is pretty safe for pregnant women because it is magnetic. My daughter was born 9 months later and was as healthy as can be.
      The only thing I want to warn you about is taking any of the MS drugs within three-six months of trying to conceive. Best of luck to you.....I will keep you in my prayers!!!
      Busy mom of 3 little red heads!!!
      Diagnosed RRMS - May 2005

Comment

Originally posted by LKJ.RPH View Post
        Is exposure that close, even though actual conception wouldnt be until after the test, an issue??
        Hi LKJ.RPH,

If you have an x-ray you are exposed to radiation. MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) does not use radiation and you are not exposed to anything harmful.

This URL explains how a MRI works:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/mri.htm
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
        X