Ewwww prednisone withdrawal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ewwww prednisone withdrawal

I just finished my megadose of prednisone for this acute attack on Monday night and now I look like a balloon.

Buuuuut the upsides are:

1) If I lash out and get angry at anyone it is SO justifiable

2) I can use the immunosuppressive effect as an excuse to avoid certain people For some very odd reason, I have these strange acquaintances that just continually insist on becoming my friends - err no thanks, I have plenty of friends and you people are just WEIRD. I've contemplated whether or not that they're doing this simply because they pity me but I've realized that it's not that at all. It's that they're desperate for friends and hope that the chick with MS would be more sympathetic. Umm well she is not.

3) I want cookies.

That is all
    Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
    UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

i can make you cookies!

Stay away from salt and salty foods to reduce the water retention.

try to go to the gym and sweat it off if the exertion doesnt adversely affect you.

Comment

Not sure how old you are fellow Canadian but for me (I'm 46) that ballon effect of the megadoses of prednisone puff my wrinkles out!
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by KittahNY View Post
        i can make you cookies!

Stay away from salt and salty foods to reduce the water retention.

try to go to the gym and sweat it off if the exertion doesnt adversely affect you.
        Oooh cookies Thanks!

I think I'll take my little dog out for a walk Thanks for the advice re: sweating it off!

Comment

I'm 27

And I know this is horrible to say but I know a guy who's NOT on steroids or has MS but his face is usually puffed out and I look like him

Vanity vanity

Comment

hahah i love #2.. and i hate people like that. yes having ms just makes us all oh so desperate for friends.

Comment

I just started a lovely course of prednisone today so I completely understand!!

Drink lots of water. I mean, obviously the 'roids made you thirsty thirsty thirsty but I always find that you need to drink tons of water for the week after to flush out all the puffiness!
              Symptoms Oct 2009, Dx Feb 2010. betaseron 2/10-2/12. Copaxone 3/12- present.

Comment

Working...
              X