MS or sick?? IDK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS or sick?? IDK!

Twice now I have gotten suddenly nauseous a few hours after eating a (too) large meal. The result has been to quickly vomit. It has felt very different from normal stomach bug vomiting. Just vomit and go on....

this is followed by a minor case of diarrhea. What the heck?? Is this a stomach bug on two separate occasions, or could this be MS related?? Anyone??

MS and Other Illnesses

First let me say that I love your screen name: Toes of Beauty. It makes me laugh to even think of the reason behind it.

I have had MS for about 6 years and have been on Rebif since diagnosis. While I am no expert, the symptoms you have described do not sound like MS symptoms. It sounds like you are having unrelated gastrointestinal issues. Perhaps some type of reflux problem? It is very easy to attribute every ache, pain, lump, etc. to MS. In my own case I have a tendency to worry that everything out of the ordinary is related to breast cancer even though I also have MS. Yes, I have hit the medical jackpot. If you have not already done so, I would suggest that you go see a gastroenterologist.

I am sure others will post and contribute with their experiences. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Comment

Thanks jessiesmom. Normally I would agree, but I'm in the midst of the worst flare up to date. And after doing some research, it could be possible that it is MS related. I don't know, maybe I'm just reaching for an answer....

But thanks! I appreciate your reply.

Comment

It sounds like it may be gallbladder.....if you still have it! I would get it checked out. Good Luck!
        Busy mom of 3 little red heads!!!
        Diagnosed RRMS - May 2005

Comment

Due to my visual disturbances (left eye is blind, right eye is dim and plays all kinds of tricks on me) I randomly vomit sometimes. I'll be doing something feeling fine and then all of a sudden... you know. It's like motion sickness. Sexy, isn't it.
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

"used" to have stomach/digestive system of steel

I used to always think I had a stomach of steel. Never had to even take a Tums in 37 years of life. Honestly!

Now (almost 40) have stomache aches, nausea, bowel issues - constipation/diah., and yes, MS can mess you up like that. I also have a hard time staying hydrated as much as I drink I am sure it doesn't help.

You should seek medical advice cause it could be something else, never know.

Comment

I have some of the same issues and was diagnosed with IBS, which can cause diarrhea, constipation, problems with gas, etc. I've never experienced upchucking from this but who knows?

I do know that MS can cause bowel problems and has been linked to IBS and Leaky Gut Syndrome. It's probably liked to more but I stopped reading when I got to Leaky Gut Syndrome! See a GI, my neurologist didn't have much to offer even if it was MS related.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X