My MS Blog - An anonymous tell all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MS Blog - An anonymous tell all

** Moderator's note - Personal URL removed per MSWorld guideline #6. You can put the link in your profile for all registered members to see. **

I have been writing a blog for the last 2 months or so about my experiences with MS. I am in my late 20's, diagnosed this year (2011).
    My blog is not for everyone, there is some crude language and topics. But the blog is 100% honest. I hold nothing back. I don't reveal my name or too many personal details and that allows me to be a little more open, and discuss things that I probably wouldn't talk about in detail otherwise.
    I have discussed sex, depression, medications/drugs, etc..
    There is a steady flow of traffic and comment discussion there.
    I am in a rough place in life right now and that has left me a bit cynical and that comes out a bit in the writing.
    People seem to like it because it's not peaches and cream. It is as real as it gets and again, nothing is held back (except my identity).
    I thought I would share it here in case someone of the younger crowd finds something that they can relate to.
    Other newly diagnosed have to have some of the same thoughts, feelings and issues that I have.
    There is a popular posts section on the right side with some topics that might be good reading. Also I am on Gilenya if you are looking for info on that. I was on Rebif, which was the worst experience of my life.

The tag on this site is that it's not your Mom's MS Blog...Hope someone finds it helpful.
    Please visit profile for my blog address.

Sorry, I missed that rule.
    Oddly I did have it in my signature, but it didn't seem to save, but it's appearing now..

Comment

It appears in your Profile, but not in your signature (I just checked)...which is as it should be.

Comment

Anon,

I've been enjoying your blog and love the straight-forward talk and profanity. Some parts are funny though some parts angry, but I can understand. I spell my first neuro's name just the way you did (same 4 letters).

If you wait for your doctor to help you, not much will actually happen and you'll just get more and more frustrated. Once they've written you a prescription for a DMD, their work is pretty much done - there isn't much they can do, in fact. The rest just tries to make you a little more comfortable.

Maybe it sounds lame or won't work for you, but I and many others have had success with diet, exercise and meditation (you can keep taking your DMD too). There is more scientific evidence for diet and exercise than you might guess. There is a whole community of us over here: http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/

BTW, the diet is pretty simple and you can still eat bread and drink beer and wine.

Comment

Thank you BigA. The profanity is not intentional, but happens in the moments of writing whats thought.

I have increased my exercise and some diet in the last several months.
          I have cut back on red meat which is a big deal on this end.
          Thank you for the info and for reading.

Comment

BTW, Well done. Wink, wink

Comment

site has been updated with list of current symptoms and current medications (with write ups I did on each) located on right hand side.

thanks for reading.

note: Site will be blacked out on Wednesday 1/18/12 in protest of the SOPA bill.

Comment

Per the Guidelines, AnonyMS's personal URL has been removed from her signature line and posts, but appears in her profile for all registered, logged in members to see.

Your blog is brutally honest, AnonyMS Good for you for finding an honest and open way to vent.

Comment

Your blog is brutally honest, AnonyMS Good for you for finding an honest and open way to vent
                  Thanks Karen.
                  The blog has been a good outlet. First real writing I have ever done and it has been received well.

I promised myself that I would put it all out there no matter how embarrassing, offensive, or even sad.
                  I hope to look at it down the road and reflect on how this disease had a real hold on me at one time.

Comment

Working...
                  X