I've been wanting to ask this question but have been afraid to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wanting to ask this question but have been afraid to

This must be a brave moment for me, so I'll bite the bullet and put it out there.

Has anyone ever experienced the opposite of lack of desire or ability? I'm asking about extended episodes (one to three or more days) of excessive, insatiable desire, that would be intermixed with longer episodes of the typical lack of desire.
    I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Your question is a really good one.

Other questions should be asked with this and these sites might help.

Depressions, childbirth, menopause is discussed:
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...-in-women.html

Also, this site discusses other symptoms that are linked to Perimenopause.
    http://www.drlark.com/MainSite/Healt..._HC%20Hormones

They say MS isn't for wimps.. It appears aging isn't for wimps, too.

Comment

Aging is definitely not for wimps, lol!

My first thought, probably a hazard of my business, is some sort of mood disorder. Any other increases such as energy, spending or partying?

or decreased sleep during these times?
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        Aging is definitely not for wimps, lol!

My first thought, probably a hazard of my business, is some sort of mood disorder. Any other increases such as energy, spending or partying?

or decreased sleep during these times?
        Lol. No. But there's some twitching. Lol.

Partying? What's that?

Comment

I should have been more clear. It's more of an internal physiological urge/sensation as opposed to an emotional need or desire. It's not easy to obliterate, either. It gave me a new perspective on what it must be like to be a teenage boy, and it kind of happens out of the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by jumpinjiminy View Post
            I should have been more clear. It's more of an internal physiological urge/sensation as opposed to an emotional need or desire. It's not easy to obliterate, either. It gave me a new perspective on what it must be like to be a teenage boy, and it kind of happens out of the blue.
            No clue but good luck with that.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

LOL. Thanks, Jules. Maybe it's hormones. It's what I've blamed everything else on since my first pregnancy. I felt so good during the pregnancy, in my mind, my hormones were really messed up.

Comment

I have had that happen a few times, and my husband really wishes I would experience it again.

I know what you mean about the urge, its to the point where it hurts. Then... nothing... could care less for weeks or even a month at a time.

Comment

I don't know how old (or young) you are but . . .Many women between the ages of 35 and 40 go through something similar to what you are experiencing. I had to laugh at your comment about feeling like a teenage boy. I felt that way and my BF felt like a teenage girl. haha

Anyhow, it probably is hormonally based. Make the best of it and know that it will not always be that way.

Comment

I have also had that happen. I generally have a pretty healthy sexual appetite anyway. But I did have about one month straight that was RIDICULOUS! It was all I could think about all day.

Comment

Jules - I am assuming you were thinking of Bipolar
                      Disorder when you mentioned a Mood Disorder. I am Bipolar and definitely have periods of heightened sexuality during manic/hypomanic periods followed by periods of very low desire when I was depressed.
                      M.
                      A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

You too??

I should have scrolled down further on the list of threads. Jumpinjiminy, I have EXACTLY that same problem! What an embarrassing reason to call my pcp. My doctor even prescribed Lidocaine ointment for it and it did NOTHING. She seems to think it must be a neurological thing.

I DO need to mention that I have been going through perimemopause since my mid-thirties, but my pcp is the one who caught that. The "funny" part is that one of the tx she prescribed to help me with perimenopause is antidepressants (found to help with night sweats, sleeplessness, etc.). The one side effect WAS an decreased libido.

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one, but....still have that problem. Have had some "in-between" times when it "disappeared" for awhile, but it keeps coming back. Did I mention that my dear hubby has a decreased libido due to meds for diabetes??

Would love to hear of any tx you find out about for this!

Comment

Working...
                        X