men's scarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

men's scarf

I've got a trivial question. With the weather turning cold though, I'm in need of a new scarf. Does anyone know where I can get an orange MS scarf for a man?

That last part seems to be the big hiccup.
    First Symptom: May 2007
    Dx: August 2007

I don't think there is such a thing as a "man's" MS scarf. The MS Society may have some of those (ugly...just my perception ) scarves on hand. Give your chapter a call.

Here is the URL for the chapters that service New Jersey: (the GDV chapter would not apply to you )

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/fin...te=NJ&zipcode=

“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I have a thin Polartec type scarf. It is very light weight, about 9" wide and 55" long, Gray. Thin enough to put in my coat pocket when not using it. It works very well for the windy, cold days. Not sure where I got it, but like it.
      Bill
      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Option 1: http://www.msstoreipp.org/silk-scarf-p-80.html
        $18.50 100% Polyester Orange Scarf with Embroidered MS Logo. Standard Size 8” wide x 45” long. Polyester makes me want to cry.

Option 2: Find a local knitter that can make you a custom one. You can select the yarn from a craft store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby or wherever.

Option 3: Purchase a "knifty knitter" and some yarn. For about $20-25 you can make your own show piece scarf. Even as a beginner you can finish a scarf in a matter of hours.

You may find knitting is peaceful, can reduce stress, increase finger dexterity or fine motor skills. I really hope one of these options works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
          Option 1: http://www.msstoreipp.org/silk-scarf-p-80.html
          $18.50 100% Polyester Orange Scarf with Embroidered MS Logo. Standard Size 8” wide x 45” long. Polyester makes me want to cry.

Option 2: Find a local knitter that can make you a custom one. You can select the yarn from a craft store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby or wherever.

Option 3: Purchase a "knifty knitter" and some yarn. For about $20-25 you can make your own show piece scarf. Even as a beginner you can finish a scarf in a matter of hours.

You may find knitting is peaceful, can reduce stress, increase finger dexterity or fine motor skills. I really hope one of these options works out for you.

Great idea, except that I'd skip the craft store yarns. If polyester makes you cry the acrylic/acrylic blends available there may just cause hysterics.

I'd suggest a visit to knitpicks.com. For less than the craft store, you can get a higher quality, softer superwash (machine washable) merino wool in MS orange, needles and even videos that teach you to knit.

I do highly recommend it both for getting just the scarf you're looking for ( with a bit of practice, you can easily knit in the NMSS MS logo) and as Marco said, it's great therapy...mental and physical. It's simple to learn. My mom taught me when I was 5 and I've been knitting since.

My grandfather learned in Walter Reed during WWII as therapy after losing parts of his hands (sorry to be graphic). They taught him right in his bed to help regain use of his fingers. He did and became a pretty darn good knitter. I still have the blanket he knit for me when I was 3.

Comment

I want to thank you for posting something in this section of the forum that's about something other than yer penis or hunting. It's refreshing.

Comment

wear jacket instead

Comment

Go online to the OSU Beavers store

Oregon State University colors are Orange and Black.
                You can order a scarf from them
                techie
                Another pirated saying:
                Half of life is if.
                When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
                Dogs Rule!

Comment

Working...
                X