Anyone from Philadelphia area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone from Philadelphia area?

Is anyone from thwe Philly area? ...just looking for a local buddy.

I'm from Philly, wf. I live in Delaware county now (Aston), but I'll always have a Philly heart!

I'd be happy to be your "MS friend"
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

From Philly

Hello, I'm from North Philadelphia not to far from center city..

Comment

I am in Central NJ, across the Delaware from Philly!
        Eileenb
        "If it is to be it is up to me" Gertrude Tyne

Comment

Hi
          I'm here in west philadelphia.
          "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
          Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

I'm in Downingtown, west of Philly.

Comment

phila area

I live in Phila suburbs bout 10 miles south of city. Newly diagnosed and still trying to come to terms with diagnosis.

Comment

Philly

Originally posted by jazzgirl View Post
                I'm from Philly, wf. I live in Delaware county now (Aston), but I'll always have a Philly heart!

I'd be happy to be your "MS friend"
                I love your signature quote! I've seen a few of your other posts on here and have been meaning to say HI back, after all I did start this thread (you can see how often I am on here, but hope to chat sometime!

Comment

Originally posted by murri513 View Post
                  I live in Phila suburbs bout 10 miles south of city. Newly diagnosed and still trying to come to terms with diagnosis.
                  Hi there. I was DX 2 1/2 years ago and still coming to terms. It can be a rocky ride. I feel a little less "alone" with reading ppls posts on here. I think it helps to swap stories and see that you aren't the only one going through the different symptoms and things that go on with this thing.

Comment

Philly area

I am 39 female with BF and 16 month old baby in NE

How about you guys?

Comment

Oh, you're not TOO busy (with a 16 month old baby!)
                      My "baby" is 32 years old now with 3 babies of her own (my 3 grandbabies)! (she's the bride in my avatar pic). I was dx'd with MS while pregnant with her (1979). I was 22 y.o. at the time, 54 now (although I still think like a teenager ).

Hope to hook up with all of you Philly people AFTER winter is over, of course. .
                      “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
                      Diagnosed 1979

Comment

For all the Philly people... I looked into meetup to see if they had an MS group in our area, but they don't.

I am in Upper Bucks. I have thought about starting a group on the meetup.com website, keep seeing so many people post about being alone or not being included in lunches / days out. Thought a meetup group might be a good social activity, not just going to an MS meeting, but planning for movies, lunches, shopping trips, etc. I've belonged to different groups there over the years - book clubs, single moms, foodie, etc. - well why not a social group for MS, why does it always need to be talking about MS, just plan to have a fun outing!

If anyone from the SEPA area is interested in joining a meetup group, my email is in my profile, send me an email. It's a monthly fee for the hosting on their website and want to know this is something people would be interested in before wasting any money

Thanks!

Jen

Comment

Sellersville Theatre is one of my favorite venues for music, shows, etc!

Maybe this spring we could all catch one of their free
                          movie nights or catch something at the IMAX theatre
                          near Fort Washington I think....

Thanks for thinking about this....great idea!
                          EileenB
                          "If it is to be it is up to me" Gertrude Tyne

Comment

Originally posted by jazzgirl View Post
                            Oh, you're not TOO busy (with a 16 month old baby!)
                            My "baby" is 32 years old now with 3 babies of her own (my 3 grandbabies)! (she's the bride in my avatar pic). I was dx'd with MS while pregnant with her (1979). I was 22 y.o. at the time, 54 now (although I still think like a teenager ).

Hope to hook up with all of you Philly people AFTER winter is over, of course. .
                            Yes, but before the sweltering heat too!

Comment

Working...
                            X