Too many bathroom trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many bathroom trips

i've only been awake one hour and have had to pee 5 times already. this has been going on for about a week i guess. all day long i am running to the bathroom. is this normal or could i be flared up? seeing my tongue is half numb too and i have the metal taste i was just wondering. i feel a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen and some spasms in the private area.had bells palsy last month too. thanks for any insight!

Have you been checked for a urine infection?

you may have a full bladder and just having overflow -- you may need to see a urologist and get to the root of the problem

Good luck

Comment

ITS SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SUGAR LEVELS ARE UP. I KNOW THE METAL TASTE IS RINGING A BELL BUT I CANT PLACE IT. WHEN MY THYROID WAS ACTING UP I HAD THAT METAL TASTE. THIS WEEK I WAS USING THE BATHROOM EVERY 20 MINUTES. IT WAS ANNOYING BECAUSE I DRIVE A LOT FOR MY JOB. IM GOING TO SEE A DOC REGARDING THIS ISSUE. I ALSO HAVE TO STAND UP TO FINISH GOING BECAUSE MY BLADDER HASNT BEEN EMPTYING ALL THE WAY. KEEP ME POSTED ON WHAT YOU FIND OUT GOODS LUCK

Comment

This is my daily hell. When I drink fluids like a normal person, like my body needs...I no sooner sit down from urinating than have to go again, urgently. I think its worse than being pregnant.

So, subconsc...I stop drinking. Next thing I know, I have let myself get so dehydrated, my urine is almost brown. So I focus on hydrating and the cycle begins again....

I definately feel ur pain!
        DXd Fragile X premutation ~ 2004
        DXd RRMS ~ Jan. 2009

Comment

Disclaimer: I have not been diagnosed with MS.

I have had two episodes, each 2-3 months long, of symptoms consistent with MS. During each I have experienced frequent urination, and during this last I start leaking too. I have been checked up and down, with the exception of urodynamics, and I don't have IC or UTI, etc.

So I would check with the doc just to make sure you don't have an infection, but just based on my experience it certainly seems to be a symptom of something neurological going on.

Comment

Go see a urologist and don't mess around in case it is an infection.

It could be any number of things from an infection, to overactive bladder, to an MS-related bladder issue to Interstitial Cystitis. You won't know what it is, or if it can be treated, until you see a urologist.

It's not fun - at one point I was going between 6 and 10 times a night. Turns out I had IC and changing my diet has helped alot. I still get up 1-3 times a night now but I don't take meds for it. If it gets worse again I will go back on some meds.

Good luck.

Comment

I don't know if this will help but I've had some success by actually drinking more water. I had to go all the time and couldn't completely empty my bladder. So 5 minutes later I felt like I needed to go again, and it would be a huge effort for a few drops.

Having a larger quantity to void actually seems to have lessened the problem. Maybe becausethere is more to push out? And lots of water helps to keep your system flushed and less prone to infections.

In any case I would definitely mention it to your doctor.
              I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

Working...
              X