The Potty Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Potty Dance

I have a small bladder so I have always had to go often, I am the one who knows where all the clean bathrooms are Since having my daughters I have the occasional dribble if I laugh real hard or sneeze hard, no biggie.

What has been happening lately is when I have to go and I haven't even waited to long, as soon as I see the toilet I start to go and hop around the bathroom doing the potty dance, trying to get my pants down. Needless to say I haven't always successful

does this sound familiar to anyone?
    M.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Yea - me too! (My daughter has a nickname for me "tinkle") What's also frustrating is dribbling and you finally reach the toilet and NOTHING! You get up and leave the room and Bam! Dribble! Back to the bathroom and you guessed it - nothing again!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yep- me too! I wear the poise pads all the time, cause when I have to go- I gotta get there pronto!! And then sometimes before I can get my jeans down (fumble fingers!) I start to dribble.

I tend to go often, every couple hours. I love to drink water, but sometimes I find I just have to cut back, just for convenience sake.

Comment

I have the nothing problem too. I find that if I really concentrate, I sometimes say I have to meditate to go pee, that it helps me go. Try that, might help with those times.

Comment

When i have to go i have to right now cant wait. I agree about getting to the toilet and doing potty dance

Comment

My bladder hasn't ever been great but now it is a train wreck. It is a delicate balance between drinking enough coffee to keep me awake and not so much that I'm running to the bathroom every 20 minutes.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

OMG you have all described problems I have experienced at one time or another i.e not being able to go when you get there, extreme urgency when you finally get near a rest room, etc.

My friends used to joke about how I could write a guide to rest rooms of New England...lol

Comment

Way before I knew it was MS

Years ago, one of my first sxs was the urge to go then nothing would happen. I learned to just wait for it, try to relax and let gravity help.
                [I]Tellnhelen
                Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

My grand daughter laughs at me when she sees me get out of the car, after parking it in garage. I hobble as fast as my m. s. legs will go get in the house, dropping my purse, shedding my coat, unfastning my pants racing to the bathroom. AWWWWW Gotta go, Gotta goNOW!!!!!!

Comment

I have episodes of this happening where I just can't get to the potty fast enough, and other times when I can go hours and hours and hours without going.

My most famous story that the kids like to tell -- I once peed in a Dunkin' Donuts cup squatting on the floor in the back of another mom's car while on a field trip and stuck in Boston traffic ! We were next to the jersey barrier - not even in a breakdown lane. Couldn't do it in my own car because I had so many teenage boys with me!

Comment

THE SAME HAPPENS TO ME WHEN I SEE THAT TOILET I CANT GET MY PANTS DOWN FAST ENOUGH. I AM CONCERNED NOW BECAUSE I GO TINKLE AND THEN I HAVE TO STAND TO FINISH ITS SO WEIRD IM GOIN TO ASK THE DOC WHAT THATS ABOUT.

Comment

Thank you for this topic! Now I know that I'm not alone in my bathroom troubles.

Some days I have to rush (well, as fast as my arms can roll the wc) every hour to the bathroom. Even when I don't drink very much. So many times I feel a huge need to go, but nothing happens, or it's only a dribble. And other times I feel no urge to go, but suddenly I'm having an accident. I have to wear Depends
                        Diagnosed December 20, 2011
                        Avonex: February 10, 2012 - March 16, 2013
                        Tysabri: June 28, 2013 - May 23, 2014
                        Betaseron: August 15, 2014 - March 10, 2015
                        Aubagio: June 18, 2015 - current

Comment

Wow, I'm so glad to read all these responses and know I am not alone!!

I go about once an hour, I drink lots of water too, but as soon as I get up to go, esp if I waited a little longer, and I start walking to the bathroom, it just starts coming out...Poise pads are a wonderful, wonderful thing.

I had the flu back in Sept and had my first episode of getting there and nothing would come out but I had the strongest urge, then when I stood to leave, there it comes...frustrating.

Some days I get up in the morning, go to the bathroom, then go downstairs to feed the cat, etc. and have to go again almost immediately.

Not a very convient symptom I would say.
                          Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
                          Ampyra 10mg 2xday
                          Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

This used to happen to me ALL the time. Talk about increasing the laundry load!!!
                            Once I started on Detrol, I was a new woman! Love that stuff! The panties stay dry now
                            Jodi
                            "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". Maya Angelou

Comment

Before I was diagnosed with MS, I had bladder problems. I went to a urogynecologist and had surgery for stress incontinence. When I continued to have problems not related to sneezing and coughing, he had me do "bladder training" which helped for a while.

One of the big things was breathing. Sounds crazy, but he said when you get into that stressful, can't get your pants down fast enough situation, you tend to hold your breath. He had me concentrate on breathing deeply a few times (while I'm trying to get in the door and get my pants down) and concentrate on using pelvic floor muscles to try to hold it. The deep breathing is supposed to relax the bladder spasms.

I do find that it helps. Ditropan XL helps some, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X