Copaxone and breast milk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone and breast milk?

Well, I have been on Copaxone for 2 years now. (off the last 3 months due to pregnancy) Shortly after I started copaxone, my breasts started developing breast milk. I have asked doctors and they don't know if it is cause by the meds or not. Since I have been off the meds, no more breast milk.

I have heard that women start copaxone while breast feeding but if it is doing something to the breast milk, it probably isn't a good idea. I have tried googling it with no answers as well.

Has anyone else had experience with this? I wanted to start my meds right after birth but if I don't figure this out I am definitely not going to take them.

Any info would be great!! Thanks.

Just to add to this I spoke with a help line called "mothers risk". You can ask them about any medications. She said that copaxone could be taken thru out pregnancy and while breast feeding. I am going to continue not taking while pregnant but possibly start right after the baby is born. Still no answer on the breast milk stuff, I guess I will never know about that!

Comment

Working...
    X