Hair loss and tysabri?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair loss and tysabri?

Hello, I am on my 12th dose and the past few months I have had an increase of "shedding" everywhere- it seems this is not just the seasonal thing (I get that too) and being that i have long hair it is looks even worse. I get clumps in the brush, in the shower-- it is really getting to me. It is not one of the side effects listed - but-- neither was heart palpitations when i took Avonex several years ago.

Is anyone experiencing this too?

This is getting me crazy...

Thanks!
    Kim
    1990 Probable MS Betaseron
    1992 Yup, MS, RRMS Avonex
    2011: SPMS and Tysabri

hair loss

i noticed hair loss after #3 and it was not fun! i lost over half of my eye brows and a ton of hair on my head. i too have very long hair and it seemed worse. i asked the nurse at the infusion center and she looked at me like i had 5 heads. i found out from my gastro doc that it can cause hair loss. one and a half years later my eyebrows are almost fully back but my head hair is probably 30% less thick than it was before. after liver damage i quit the tysabri and am not planning on using it again.

Comment

Hair loss and Tysabri

Thanks for reply-- I am sick of getting side effects that are not listed "yet" and medical professional look at me like i am nuts. At least I know now of one other person (you) who is getting this too-- I have dermatitis too which has gotten way worse as my Tysabri goes on (year) and my eyebrows are a mess. I have to get bloodwork next week, so perhaps this will say something?

Be well,
      Kim
      1990 Probable MS Betaseron
      1992 Yup, MS, RRMS Avonex
      2011: SPMS and Tysabri

Comment

hair loss

the only skin thing i has was very very dry skin that would itch so bad, at times i could not even sleep. i would lay down towels and coat myself in oils and lotion. my gastro doc who is also my liver doc checked my liver and thats how i found out my liver was getting cooked! infusion site nurse told me not to "worry" we would check my levels in three months but my other docs said no way go off the meds.

Comment

Working...
        X