Is it a Flare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a Flare?

Hey y'all! I'm new to this MS business...only been dx since Aug. About a month ago my feet went numb, not completely, and not total loss of sensation, but def weird. My L'hermittes came back full force too. Went to the neuro, poked me with a safety pin, couldn't feel the "prick" just the touch. The sensation in my feet changes daily. They aren't numb all the time, sometimes just tingly. But I've been getting this WEIRD AS ANYTHING jolt down my legs if someone touches them, hits them, dogs tail hits them, someone pats my back...soooo strange. I've been having lots of neck aches, jaw aches, head aches, just basic I feel like crap 65% of the time.
    I haven't gone back to the neuro, just hoping it goes away I guess. My last flare lasted a little over a month.

I just really don't know what would be considered a flare and what isn't.
    Hope everyone on here is doing wonderfully!
    If you pay attention to the darkness, you'll never find the light.
    Dx August 2011. DMD Free.

A good indication, from what I've been reading and such, is a "Symptom that lasts for more than 24 hours when NOT accompanied by a fever or infection."

I didn't bother calling my neuro about this one until it had gone on for 2-3 days. It continues to get worse, so he's comfortable labelling it as a relapse.

I'm kind of irritated, because it has so drastically affected my mobility. You should certainly ask your neuro some questions about it. At least he would be able to document in your file appropriately.

Comment

Working...
    X