Irregular Periods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irregular Periods

Have any of you had irregular periods because of your meds? I am on Avonex and mine are longer than they used to be. I did call the Avonex people and they said that it is one of the known side effects. I am thinking about going back on birth control to try to regulate them, but I am not sure if it will phase it since it is because of the shots. I have had all types of tests run, and they were all clear.
    Busy mom of 3 little red heads!!!
    Diagnosed RRMS - May 2005

not birth control

I was on birth control to help regulate my periods. It was a nightmare! I was up and down with my moods. I cried at the drop of a hat. Instead of slowing down my period and regulating it, I bled and flowed HEAVY, passed out, and became anemic. I do not recommend it. This is my opinion. I have no kids, not married, so I do not know how much weight my words are worth. Stay strong. Your kids need you!

Comment

try adding in some supplements and vitamins to your daily regimen maybe that'll help...

i'm irregular due to age, yet i'm guessing your younger? I'm 41 so its' par for the course.... i've never heard of avonex doing that, it can also be stress related....

it is difficult when it happens... hang in there, if it gets really bad i'd let your gyn know about it
      Jen Dx'd 5/11
      "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Working...
      X