Incontinence ... from both

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incontinence ... from both

So, I've been a little incontenent for a long time. Just leaking little dribbles. I cannot hold it for any time; when I have to go, I have to run to the bathroom and go. I have on occasion not made it in time. So I wear a pad all the time. I was going to say "always" ha ha! Get it? Always? Okay.

Well, I have started a new medication called Lyrica. And my BMs have changed. And I am starting to have skid marks in my underwear and on the pad. And once even a chunk of poop.

Is this just the progression of incontinence, or is this something caused by the Lyrica? I know the texture and color of the poop has changed with the Lyrica but I'm not sure that the "accidents" are because of the Lyrica. Or maybe because my BMs are slimier? I'm sorry this is so gross. Possibly when I toot a little poop comes out? But I don't know if it's from incontinence or from the Lyrica. Thoughts?
    Proud Mom of three kids!
    dx'd 1996

I had this type of incontinence (number 2) after the birth of my second child. I had been ill with heat related fatigue and could not walk the entire second trimester of my pregnancy. No one even considered MS.

It was not until my third child that my new GYN mentioned an autoimmune disorder.

I am so sorry you are suffering with this. It was horrible, and thank goodness I do not have this issue any longer. I hope it goes away soon.

Comment

Hmmm. Well, one thing that has changed is that after the birth of my third baby, I had a severe relapse (main symptom MS hug) that did not go away, even with an IV steroid treatment. I was dx'd SPMS. So that is new.

But the Lyrica is also new and it has changed the "type" of my BMs. I used to be infrequent, but quite solid and compact. Now it is slimier, softer, and more frequent. I'm more likely to have long, wet toots, which is new.

So I think I'm going to chalk it up to both. The Lyrica making my BMs different, and if I weren't on the Lyrica, I might be having this problem but it wouldn't cause an accident because my BMs were harder and more compact.

Once again, sorry for the grossness, but as Sparky10 says, if I can't talk about it here, where can I talk about it? So thank you guys for being here to listen and give your thoughts!
      Proud Mom of three kids!
      dx'd 1996

Comment

Are they skinny like they had to push around something?

an impaction of feces can cause a block that bm has to seep around, making the stool that comes out less dry than if it had a normal run through the colon. i think that happens to me at times. I notice long skinny bm in the toilet and i will use a fleet enema on myself to clear the impaction...or i will eat a large bowl of lettuce salad with raisin and raspberry vinaigrette dressing with a cup of coffee that easily digests and fills my colon to capacity an just pushes every thing out, i think. works for me whatever its doing.
        xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

They aren't skinny. I had one that was the size of a summer sausage, I kid you not. They are back to the usual color, but much larger. I think that is the "abdominal distension" that is mentioned in the Lyrica patient information. I think my colon is stretching out and my poops are likewise larger in girth. Also I think it's constipation. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm in there giving birth! I just hate all the fuss of trying to eat more fiber or taking a laxative (which never agrees with me) or drinking Metamucil. Maybe I will make some oatmeal bread with raisins and eat it all up. That should get things moving. Also I have a recipe for peanut-butter-oatmeal cookies that usually has that effect.

Also I think after three babies, things are a little stretched down there, which may be why there's been an increase in incontinence. I had a bad day last week and had to change pants three times! Good grief. It really gets me in the car, maybe because the seat belt is pushing on my bladder or something. But it's frequently in the car that I have a sudden, unexpected need to go.
          Proud Mom of three kids!
          dx'd 1996

Comment

Fiber with no taste

Benifiber is great! No taste at all. Great try it! I take it in a glass of water. Have added to orange juice. You can mix it in food, too. Only thing negative I can say about it is I leave the glass on counter in morning and when I get home after work it's sometimes stuck to the counter if I spilled some!

Comment

For constipationg

Try prunes but not too many. Since you already have children maybe you have some wipes around.
              We have no children in the house but the wipes are sure nice to clean yourself up.
              Most houses don't have bidets which is their main purpose.
              techie
              Another pirated saying:
              Half of life is if.
              When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
              Dogs Rule!

Comment

Working...
              X