Any ladies out there pregnant???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ladies out there pregnant???

HI! Just wondering if any of you ladies are currently or recently pregnant? I just had a + home test about 2 weeks ago, and I am going to see my OB tomorrow! Im excited and happy and nervous all at the same time. Anyone have any advice or + stories to share? So far, I feel great! No n/v at all, which I was extremely worried about since I have underlying nausea anyways with MS....thanks!!!!

Best wishes to the new mommy-to-be. Parenthood has been the absolute best thing that ever happened to me. My girls were grown and gone before I was diagnosed with MS. I've read that the estrogens of pregnancy usually force MS into remission.
    Nausea may be another matter. Try eating small meals, don't eat and drink at the same time ie have your beverages between meals. I ate dry toast or saltine crackers every morning before even going to the pottie (still do some mornings).

Comment

Congratulations!!!! I just had a baby in December....my 3rd since finding out I had MS. I honestly did wonderfully while I was pregnant. I did not have any symptoms while I was pregnant, which was such a relief. I had terrible morning sickness, but it did not aggrevate my symptoms or anything. I think the only thing that was worse while I was pregnant were my UTI's. I loved being pregnant....there is nothing like it in the world....such a precious time....I would do it again if I could.....I had my tubes tied with the last baby, which I do not enjoy. Congratulations again....you are in for such a gift!!!!
      Busy mom of 3 little red heads!!!
      Diagnosed RRMS - May 2005

Comment

2 babies

Hi and congrats!

I have had 2 children since being dx at age 25 in 2001. Both pregnancies were very normal with no ms problems. After my first i had a relapse about 6weeks after she was born which was a little difficult. Nothing after my son, however!

We have considered a 3rd, but i am soon to be 36 and am doing well on Tysabri and have a busy professional life as well.

Good luck to you!
        Dx: 2001
        Currently on Tysabri since Dec 2010
        Feel lucky to be doing so well!

Comment

Hi,

I had three children after my dx at age 24, now I am 47. Pregnancies went wonderful with no complications. I felt absulutely great when I was pregnant and nursing too. I nursed each baby for at least a year.

My doctor and I believed that pregnancy and breastfeeding kept MS at bay for me. When each child was about 18 months- 2 years is when I would usually have a relaspe. But I was able to stay off DMD's for about 7-8 years after dx. Started my first DMD - Avonex when youngest baby was about 2 years old.

Finally there is a study with Estriol (sp) - the pregnancy hormone, for treating MS. I think that would definitely work for me so if and when it is approved I will be looking out for it.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you feel as good as I did. BTW, I was very nauseous with all three pregnancies especially with my boys. I don't think it had anything to do with MS. Try to eat ginger candy, it helped me.
          DX 1988. Avenox for 6 years, Copaxone for 6 years and LDN for 3 years.

Comment

Congratulations!! I am pregnant with my second (14 weeks) but have a 3 year old too. I was diagnosed 7 years ago so I was worried about MS and pregnancy. So far, both pregnancies have been "normal". My MS is pretty mild so I had no issues during pregnancy and didn't have a relapse right after giving birth which is when a relapse is most likely.

The only bad thing is that I miss the adderall (a stimulant) I had been taking for my MS fatigue which makes me want to sleep ALL THE TIME, but I'll power through it just like I did with my first. I wish you the best!!
            Lori
            Betaseron 2004-2009, Tysabri 2010-2011, Copaxone 2012-2013, Tecfidera 2013...

Comment

I found out a few weeks ago I am prego! I am 9 weeks on Friday. We are pretty close so I guess we will see how it goes! At first I had no symptoms, but had a bit of stress, now I have a few symptoms. My advice to you is to try and avoid major stress.
              Congratulations!!!

Comment

Congratulations! I'm actually giving birth tommorrow! (planned c-section) I'm gonna be honest, this pregnancy has been really rough on me. 4 hospitalizations with ms flare ups and episodes. however, this is rare. usually pregnant women go into remission, so stay positive. i wish u luck and all the joy in the world with ur little one when he or she comes

Comment

Can you take dmd's while pregnant?

Just wanted to know if anyone continued to take dmd's while pregnant, and if so which one.
                  I am trying to make a choice on dmd now, but don't want to give up a possible pregnancy, if it does ever happen. I have 2 healthy kids (11 and 7) and am 37 yrs. old. Just curious- thanks!
                  ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
                  Dx the first time: 10/25/11
                  Avonex 1/12-10/12
                  Revaluation of Dx 10/12
                  Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

Did not take DMDs during pregnancy. I stopped Axonex about 2 months before getting preggo with #1. Was on Copaxone when I found out I was preggo with #2 and stopped then. I had one doctor who advocated for women to stay on Copaxone while pregnant. I didn't want to do it.

The interferons and Tysabri are pregnancy category C. Copaxone is pregnancy category B.

Here are the FDA pregnancy categories:
                    Category A
                    Adequate and well-controlled studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy (and there is no evidence of risk in later trimesters).

Category B
                    Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women.

Category C
                    Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.

Category D
                    There is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience or studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.

Category X
                    Studies in animals or humans have demonstrated fetal abnormalities and/or there is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience, and the risks involved in use of the drug in pregnant women clearly outweigh potential benefits.

Take care.
                    Dx: 2001
                    Currently on Tysabri since Dec 2010
                    Feel lucky to be doing so well!

Comment

I am 26 weeks pregnant and have been in a major relapse for about 3 weeks now...It's actually the worst relapse I've had since diagnosis 7 years ago...Most people do go into remission during pregnancy...my neuro just told me I was an exception...I'm having major walking difficulties so my pregnancy hasn't been the best experience lately. Good luck to you in your pregnancy though! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Tiffdula, I'd love to talk to you more regarding your experience and if it got better before your baby was born. I'm sooo scared that it's not going to get better before my baby gets here and I won't be able to take care of her like I should.

Comment

I had my first baby last November and I felt great during my pregnancy. At just before 6 mos postpartum (May), I was hospitalized for optic neuritis and dx w/ RRMS. I had another episode of ON in July and was enrolled in the estriol trial. I am on Copaxone now and doing great, no symptoms or issues whatsoever. Because of the trial, though, I was forced to wean my daughter and I cannot get pregnant for two years. I am really struggling with this, especially now that my daughter is turning one. I want another baby so badly
                        Dx July 2011, currently on Copaxone and enrolled in the Estriol Trial

Comment

I AM 28. I GOT DIAGNOSED N 2004 WITH RRMS.
                          IT WAS VERY BAD I WENT BLIND COULDNT WALK OR TALK ND KEPT HEADACHES. I THEN STARTED REBIF & NEURONTIN ALONG WITH A FEW OTHER MEDS. THE 1ST YR WAS THE WORST. LUCKILY IT HAS BEEN VERY WELL CONTROLLED. I AM NOW 16 WKS PREGNANT, WITH TWINS. I FOUND OUT WHEN I WAS 5WKS. AND IMMEDIATELY STOPPED ALL MEDS. I FIND OUT WUT THE BABIES R ON DEC1
                          Prettyhot

Comment

Working...
                          X