Diagnose with MS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnose with MS.

Changing Nueralogy closer to home. He looked at my medical & test CDs. Said he did not think I had MS. He is doing a eye test & mri on spine. I've had two stokes,and back about 80%. Took about a year between each one. The doctor said I had several lessions,and the new doctor said the lessons did not look 20 years old. he has me confused. I'm on capoxone. I'm scared now! Don't know what to think. I don't want to have any relaspes. He said something about taking me off medicine. ( I kind of feel I should not of changed doctors. If it were you.What would you do? I had the srokes in 1999 and 2002

Strokes

My neuro now says I don't have MS. It was all a stroke. Even with a history and my 1st MRI. When I had the veinous return MRI she talked about putting me on a DMD. I had been on Avonex 7 years with no problem and off it for 3 years with no problem.
    Guess she wasn't interested in seeing me except to increase revenue.
    People with just strokes don't need to see neuros.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Hi Shirl42

I recommend a second opinion especially if your new neuro wants to 'mess with your meds'. The MRI of you spine and eye test are good information for any doctor and you.

I don't understand the correlation with 20 year old lesions or newer? Hopefully you'll learn more at the next visit.

How frustrating and confusing, you've had enough to handle. Take care

Congratulations on your stroke recovery!
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Have you had all the tests to diagnose MS? MRIs, lumbar puncture, visual evoked potential test?

MS results were found on all of those for me and convinced the doctors that I had MS even though I was 59. They kept telling me that I was "too old" to have MS.

Comment

Working...
        X