so um lack of sex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so um lack of sex?

so am i the only one that ms has decided that sex isnt for you?

i feel sooo sorry for my husband but ms has decided that i cant have sex anymore. It hurts now, and i just no longer feel the need or want for it. I just dont know what else to do. Im not on any medication right now.
    Mommy of 2
    His army wife forever!
    Until all the troops come home

hisarmywife, I felt the same way 1 month ago. Felt so darn guilty cuz my poor hubby. But I can say now, after a few doses of meds, the ummmmm, need came back.

So lots of patience is needed here. And understanding.

HUGZ
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

what meds? i asked if there was something like a little blue pill for women. and there isnt...
      Mommy of 2
      His army wife forever!
      Until all the troops come home

Comment

I am sorry, I didn't mean like a little blue pill. I meant the other meds. Steroids, tramadol, gabapentin. Especially after the Steroids, they really helped get my sex drive back.

But we all have to remember, our bodies are different and react differently with meds.
        What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Here is a link to the Mayo Clinic site for some suggestions that you can discuss with your doctor:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/via...-women/AN01987

Comment

I also have a complete lack of desire. My poor hubster is a trooper and (mostly) very understanding. So with that in mind, and with the help of a little lube, I do make sure we have a regular "date night". I figure I have to help the guy out a little bit right! lol.

Comment

hisarmywife,

Have you taked to your GYN about ths problem? It's important to make sure nothing else is going on before assuming MS is the cause.
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

please explore

my most recent postings here in the Ladies Room and under the Medications forum.

You may want to explore Hormonal therapies. This is what I'm looking into for my MSr.

Glyn

Comment

Well, it really depends on your MS and how it's being managed-that's what I've found. My significant other and I used to have quite the fabulous sex life, but after becoming disabled, my desire has completely diminished, my ability has completely diminished and fortunately he is understanding.

Between lack of desire, physical pain, fatigue and overheating, we rarely get-to-together and when we do, it's not nearly as "fun" as it once was. It ticks me off from time-to-time, but I'm grateful he's understanding.

Comment

Working...
                  X