body hair loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body hair loss

Has anyone lost hair on their body? I am going to doc but do not know if it is fromMS, old age, or something else.
    eds I am on Re bif, Neurontin, Baclofen, Lexapro (depression) and random ones when I have a UTI. And a new pain killer Tramaden.

JudySz

Oh I only wish. I swear the older I get it I feel like Sasquatch!

For hair loss the first things that come to my mind are thyroid or nerve damage as in the case of losing hair on lower extremities.

Anything unusual like this is worth running it by your doctor, imo.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

I can only wish!

Can't use a safety razor now.
      techie
      Another pirated saying:
      Half of life is if.
      When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
      Dogs Rule!

Comment

Don't know about the "body" hair ... but some people report hair loss (from top of their head) while on different DMDs.

You need to tell your drs., even if it's just for documentation. Could be from many things.
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Yes, but this was after menopause. Asked my gyn doc why I was going bald down there....he laughed and said that was normal. Have way less body hair. After getting my vitamin D back to normal range, I have a little more to shave, but still sparse. Too many chin hairs unfortunately

Comment

I did calldocs office. Will let o=you all know when I get appt. Neuros office said it is not MS related, so time for more appts to find out.

Just say yes, I have lost hair there too, and it has been a long time since I have had to shave my legs. It might be menapausal and old age. I hope so......But I guess it is good to have it checked out.

JudySz

Comment

There are rare chances that you may lose hair from your body without any major disease. I suppose it may be due to the the side-effects arising due to the consumption of drugs since a longer time. So, if you are not finding any solution for body hair loss then look for the physician and get the drugs substituted.

Comment

From my head but not body, my dr says it was just stress but I lost almost all of it and it is coming back curly

Comment

Hi Judy.....After I used Copaxone about one year, I noticed that the hair on my arms and legs was diminished. All of the hair on my arms fell off completely and most of the hair on my legs For many years, I had to shave my legs daily if I wamted to wear a dress or shorts. Now the hair is so sparse that I can ignore shaving for many days at a time. I have been using Tysabri for four years after nine years of Copaxone use. Since the hair on my arms and legs has not regrown, I can say that MS has a benefit for me. No more shaving!
                  Be happy!

Comment

I would be so happy if the hair "down there" didn't grow as much or on my legs! It's a hassle for me to shave my legs (actually sit down in the tub while I'm showering), but I admit I didn't do it as much as I should have this summer - I just wore capri's to cover it up. Once I'm in no danger of having to wear shorts, I slack off on the shaving since I no longer wear skirts, either.
                    Diagnosis: May, 2008
                    Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Doc says nothing is wrong. She i9s sending me for a thyroid test, but we do not think it will show anything. Now that I know it is noting, I can be happy about not shaving legs as much.

JudySz

Comment

Working...
                      X