embarrassing moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

embarrassing moments

I think I have a new symptom, but not sure..I began taking Ampyra a couple of months ago(didn't see where that is the cause). Within the past month, I have found I cannot control my flatulence. It occurs mostly in the morning when i get out of bed, but it randomly occurs throughout the day, AT WORK! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to stop! I have a date in a couple of weeks, that's the last thing I want to have to deal with...

I have it a lot too
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

I am retired but I understand completely about the flatulence. As I have gotten older, it seems like sometimes it just happens. I don't feel pressure or anything and then wham! I have just farted in public. I had this happen the last few years I worked and I attributed it to my age rather than my MS. Fortunately, they are generally fairly quiet ones but still I am mortified.

I have a friend who has this same issue. She's in her 60's too and doesn't have MS. I have never talked to anyone (like a doctor) about it because I am too mortified to ask.

I remember reading a children's book years ago about gas. Everybody does it at least 14 times a day and that is normal.

Obviously the author was not the one farting while talking to your friends in a public place.

lydialou

Comment

ba4366,

Yeppers, was one of my early sx ... before I was dx. It wasn't from a med then, and don't have that issue on Ampyra now. I had no clue at the time what was possibly causing it, had never had that problem before! And, it only seemed like it happened during the day while I was at work or in public!

Have you tried stopping the Ampyra to see if this occurs less often? IDK if that could be the culprit.

I finally started using otc Beano ... it helped the problem occur less often (for me). I'm sure there are rx meds that may help better.

This particular problem occurs rarely for me now. Hope you find something that works ... and as embarrassing as it may seem ... mention it to your drs. It is an MS symptom. Lesions in the spinal cord cause problems in the bladder and bowels.

Hope you find something that helps ... and you have a great date!
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Ugh, it seems like life is now full of embarrassing moments! I had this happen to me once at work when I was in my boss' office! Usually it's if I suddenly need to urinate and am trying desperately to hold it to get to the bathroom. Well, a few escaped before I could escape... Oh well - I mean, what can I do now except laugh about that one? I just hate the feeling of when will it happen next? I think I should try the beano thing, as things just seem a bit harder to control these days...

Comment

Working...
          X