weird feeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird feeling

Ok, a tiny bit of background, yes I know rather boring. This is really embarrassing to, btw but I'm so glad I have you guys to question before I take it to the dr.

After my 3rd child I had the bladder the size of a peanut, or so I thought. I couldn't even make the hour drive without having to stop and use the restroom. This went on for years.

Awhile back I noticed that I could go a long time now without having to take a restroom break. Even if I need to go I don't have the overwhelming urge, you know the squirming gotta go kind of thing. Only time I had leakage was if I sneezed or coughed hard, a side effect of age, I thought.

Well, now I'm getting a weird pain zinging through. It's as if it's from nowhere down there. I can't swear it's even bladder connected as it feels kinda like it's just from no-whwere, maybe vaginal.

I'm waking up to find that I'm leaking now. So, I can't decide if I'm leaning towards spasms (the pain) and incontinence or the other way around. Or, can you have vaginal spasms and then what? The pain doesn't seem to have anything to do with having sex or not, btw.

I've had lots of UTI's by the way and alhtough it feels a bit like one not really. This has been going on for weeks, insurance issues has kept me from going sooner. I do have an appt. with my PCP and will have a test done to rule out an infection.
    What if trials of this life
    Are Your mercies in disguise?
    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Bladder issues

I am not sure that your PCP is the correct doctor to see for the issues you are describing. It seems to me that a urologist is the appropriate one to see. If your insurance requires that you see your PCP first then perhaps you can request a referral.

Urology is the medical and surgical specialty that focuses on the urinary tract of both sexes and on the reproductive system of males. The organs covered by urology include the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra and the male reproductive organs.

Hopefully it is a mere infection you are experiencing but if not or antibiotics do not provide relief, then a urologist seems like your best bet.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, I'll get a test for the UTI on friday when I have to go to my PCP anyway and then follow up if nothing comes about from that.

We have such a strange, strange disease that has so many faces.
      "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I have that zinging too. I don't have it all the time, just when I'm in a flare. Sometimes its been a sign of a uti, but sometimes not. I also am having spasms right now, which means I havent emptied soon enough. I also leak when it's a uti. But besides that only when I sneeze, I blame the kids for that one!

This is definately one for the urologist, find a girl, it's so much easier to talk to a girl. Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm sorry you're going through this, too, but it does make me feel better to know I'm not the only one. I'll do some searching and see if I can come up with a urologist in my are. I know what you mean about finding a female too. So embarrassing.
          "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I had a similar episode that lead me to the urologist. I did not have any signal that I was full, my bladder would spasm and I'd leak all the way to the bathroom. Woke up in a puddle a few times too.

When these problems crop up I always get checked for an infection. There are these over the counter strips I use from the drugstore that often will detect the infection. It is similar to the quick test done at the doc's office.

Even though you may feel embarassed to go to a male urologist, he usually has his staff do any testing. I had an ultrasound at my first visit to check for retention done by a female nurse.

The urodynamic testing that verified my spasms was done at another testing center.

My urologist was very familiar with the problems MS can cause and it was a relief to finally understand what was going on. This symptom did remit and right now I'm doing OK. Don't have to wear any protection unless this flares up.

Hope this helps give you some relief too!

Comment

Working...
            X