new 21 year old from NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new 21 year old from NJ

I'm a male and I have had MS symptoms since I was 18 and I'm turning 22 this August. been hard..had to drop out of school for a little while and I take classes online now which is going well.

anyway, I'm hoping to talk to other people around the same age and maybe from the northeast area as well who have MS or CFS

heyy i am also from new jersey and i am 20 i was diagnosed around 5 months ago. how are you doing

Comment

hello Morgan. and its ok lol I am doing alright but the summer heat is killing me thoug . I'm taking online classes at the moment so I keep myself somewhat busy. how are you?

Comment

doing pretty good, yea i know what u mean i am taking some classes now to not really a summer when u have to take them

Comment

Hello from Oklahoma!

I was diagnosed 2 years ago at 18. Living on campus and taking 2 classes through the summer at Oklahoma State University, waiting for fall to start so the weather cools off some! I walk everywhere on campus and have learned to rely on my cooling vest. Do you have one? I got mine free through the NMSS.
          Rae Roy

Comment

a cooling vest? nah I do not have one but I heard about it recently. so it helps with the heat huh? I may have to look into that especially since it's free lol

what are you guys studying?

and morgan, are you on campus or taking classes online?

Comment

If you call your local chapter of the NMSS, they will provide you with the application that you need to fill out for a vest. You can also download it from their website. You will have to provide your most recent tax return and they use that to determine your eligiblity for assistance. I mailed them my application and about 2 weeks later, my vest came in the mail. They send it straight to your house! They also called to let me know that they had ordered one for me, a courtesy call. It really helps!

My major is Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Petroleum. I already have an Associate's degree in Computer Drafting and Design and am having to start over as a freshman here at OSU because none of my credits transferred from the school I got my degree from. It sucks but at least they are making sure I know my math! LOL.
              Rae Roy

Comment

my major is physical therapy, i go up to school in Connecticut for most of the year so i am on campus, and now i am taking classes on campus at a local school just to get ahead for the year

Comment

Hello from PA!

I was just recently diagnosed myself at 22, well actually my neuro was nice enough to call me 4 days before my birthday to tell me. He's a real sweetheart.

So how has everyone been? I know i can't wait for winter at this point. I don't go to school but i do work full-time in the Ag industry. It's killer some days but it pays the bills and gives me health insurance (a major plus now a days). Also my company will pay for me to go to school, so if things ever calm down i plan on taking some classes.

Heather

Comment

Hello

I was diagnosed last november, two days before thanksgiving. I will be 21 this monday.
                    "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power
                    is made perfect in weakness." -2 Cor. 12:9

dx 11.23.10 RRMS

Comment

Helloooo
                      I was diagnosed summer 2009...I'm also ready for the winter...I live in the south & the HEAT SUCKS!!!

Comment

dxd at 13. now 21 and a double major in college. (environmental and political science). from fredonia, NY. (south of buffalo) and yeah i hear ya about the heat. it sux
                        Learn from yesterday
                        Live for today
                        Hope for tomorrow

Comment

Hey all of you from the PA, NJ, Delaware area...having a bowling fundraiser in Philadelphia on October 16th that I hope some of you can make it out to! I was diagnosed this week, my mother also has RRMS and I am a runner...will be running my first half marathon this November for I Run to Stop MS (if all goes well) so all funds raised from the event will go straight to the NMSS, associated with my race. Let me know if you'd like more information and please, help me spread the word! I just raised $1500 for Walk MS in May and am confident that I can do it again now!

Comment

Symptoms

I've had MS for 21 years, but my son started to show signs and symptoms of MS when he was 15. He's had a couple MRI's and other tests throughout the years that do not show any signs of MS. I'm just curious if any other younger patients with MS initially had an MRI without lesions. The only test he hasn't had yet is a spinal tap. He has pain and numbness in his arm and shooting "volts" that run down his neck into his arm and into his fingers and there is no pinched nerves causing this. Any thoughts or opinions are welcomed. He's now 19 years old and has been having these symptoms for almost 4 or more years.

Comment

21 male

i am a 21 year old male from mass.. just got dxed monday... so its winter.. does heat in the summer make it bad....
                              i am a huge beach fan and hope that wont chance..

Comment

Working...
                              X