X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, this is the most personal thing ever

Figure it cant hurt to ask.

At times I need to use a catheter.

I can't get the damn thing in without a mirror.

Does anyone know the trick to this? The uro said I'd get used to it, but I still cant hit the spot without looking.

Thanks to all of you brave responders!

I would think that in time you will develope your own technique. Practice makes perfect as some say. Speaking from 33 years nursing experience I can vouch that each person is different down there in much the same way that facial features vary. I would think that the easiest way to self cath without a mirror would be the squatting position. Aim slightly behind the clitoris. If you hold the catheter closer to the tip you will have better control over your aim. Good luck and take special care to not introduce infection into the bladder. Always use a sterile catheter and always take time to clean the area with an antimicrobial.

Comment

I've been cathing for over 2 years and still miss sometimes. Once, when I was in the hospital, I couldn't get in right. After wasting 10 catheters, I called the nurse to help me. She said, "Your bladder is empty. Nothing is coming out." I knew she was wrong because I was bursting.

I asked if another nurse could help me and she know what to do. So, even nurses have trouble doing it.

I've found the best way is to go as far forward as you can and angle the tube forward. If it doesn't hurt at all, you are probably in the wrong place. [this is definitely the most personal thing ever].

Comment

Working...
      X