Disability social security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disability social security

I filed for total disability on May 4th of this year, and just received my award letter. I will receive my first SS Disability check in October. I was told it would be a nightmare and to expect a denial and a fight, not by my physicians, but by other persons in my MS support group and others I have met who have horror stories of their experiences'. I am now on temporary disability until then. For everyone who has had a bad experience, I found the persons extremely helpful and did the entire process on line.
    I was told 30 days to receive a positive response was amazing. I am very happy with the outcome. In this case, the system works.
    nelly

I'm happy to hear that things went so well for you, nelly. It can be a nightmare for so many, unfortunately. I'm glad you weren't one of them!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Originally posted by nellykrh View Post
      I filed for total disability on May 4th of this year, and just received my award letter. I will receive my first SS Disability check in October. I was told it would be a nightmare and to expect a denial and a fight, not by my physicians, but by other persons in my MS support group and others I have met who have horror stories of their experiences'. I am now on temporary disability until then. For everyone who has had a bad experience, I found the persons extremely helpful and did the entire process on line.
      I was told 30 days to receive a positive response was amazing. I am very happy with the outcome. In this case, the system works.

I had the same experience in 2008. Everything went through without a hitch. From what I gathered, the statements from your doctors is the critical factor.-MIKE
      Dream like you will live forever, Live like you will die today.

Comment

Not A Nightmare

Mine was not a nightmare, but the investigators were not sure I was "disabled enough". I had to go thru a psychological exam with much math and logic and did ok. Thing about it is that I was a Math major in college and should have done better than "ok". So they decided to do a medical test, which went without a hitch. When I arrived the doctor told me to sit on the exam chair. I lost my balance trying and fell on the floor. The doctor helped me up and told me to go home, that he was recommending me without question!
        My Cross To Bear Keeps Fallin Off

Comment

Congratulations on a swift decision! I was denied and then granted SSD after my reply to their denial.

The entire process took 9-10 months and I received back pay for that time in a lump sum. that was nice
          Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Congratulations!
            Bill
            Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Working...
            X