is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this normal?

ok yes i'm going to post a super sensitive question.....

libido? where is mine?? i searched under my bed, in the garbage thinking maybe i threw it out.... nope not there.

i want to mentally, and granted my husband i and are having a rough time as of late. yet physically i can't get my body aligned with the mental aspect for some reason.

it's like it's gone, shut off, disappeared.

anyone else go through this??? i mean i know it waxes and wanes in anyone normally. yet i had to ask if its a ms thing
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Yes!! I have had this too. I found the best way to get through it..was to just do it anyway. I know it kind of sound barbaric to "force" yourself but, it actually works to bring back those loving feelings. First things first though...You and hubby need to get back to being lovey dovey.. Plan a special date and bring back some of the romance.. When you are sick and tired and tired of being sick and tired it is easy to get out of the mood...My philosophy is that MS has already ruined a lot of things for me and it is not going to get its greedy hands on my marriage.

Comment

lol great answer.....

so, why does it happen? location of lesions? i'm not in the dumps about the ms thing so i'm not depressed that could def. kill it.

yes we are trying, he's going thru some stuff right now of his own he's working thru.

we just have way too much on our plate, hoping some of it gets knocked off somehow
      Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

mine is gone too Seems to be quite common among us women w/this MonSter. Whether it is the actual disease, meds or other factors (hormones, etc.) is debatable.

tlrosbach is right, just do it. That's the advice I was given too.

BTW, this can be a side effect of some meds. DH discovered in his research B has this side effect, but it isn't common. If you are on a DMD that may be the culprit!
        DX 10/2008
        Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
        Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
        Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

no dmd yet yes i read up on how it affects us that way..... oh joy lol.

i have a ton of lesions in brain, spine, brain stem. maybe thats it and yes i will just do the deed! LOL
          Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Me too

Thanks so much for bringing this subject up. I have completly lost my sex drive. We still do it whenever he wants to. He just turned 56 and is not that active anymore either. I thought it was just me. It is good to know others feel the same way. Thank you
            Sandra

Comment

your welcome

we are all in the same boat........ I tried set the mood, etc.... sheesh not like it used to be LOL.

Your a good person there are nites i simply cannot because i'm toooo tired. it's either the fatigue or my sex drive that's lost
              Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Me to

I've got the same problem. I have not been diagnosed yet but have lots of syptoms. I'm drier then normal but still - not event close to orgasm. Haven't told my husband - been faking it which makes me feel guilty. But until I get dx I feel like I need to hold some info back.

Comment

How old are we who have written here? I am 55,and also suffer from lack of libido. I am not so sure its the MS. A drop in libido is to be expected as we age. Biologically, sex is for reproduction, which we dont need to do anymore once we get..."old". So it is natural that the urge subsides. I try to remember that the brain is the most important sex organ, and use that to ...encourage myself.

Comment

I am 40 and have never had much in the way of libido so, now being absolutely exhausted would be a perfect excuse but I do not want to go this MS route alone. And I know for a fact, that there are alot of people out there that would love my hubby if I don't so, I still remember that his physical needs are just as important as my needs. One way that I heard that you can help yourself to get in the mood is to read a racy romance novel. A couple of other things that I have personally noticed helps me is if I drink a ridiculous amount of water and light exercise.

Comment

Depression is a common and real symptom.
                      It certainly doesn't help one's libido.

Sensory changes also effect that, too.

Medication, too.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/multip...nd-libido.aspx

Comment

i'm 41 by the way. I did what they said and just did the did yet in all honesty like most things in life doesnt it generally wax and wane for woman?

my husband says no lol so many woman love sex all the time. i said ok who???

for men it seems to be so different. they could have a limb hanging off and still want to for us its' more emotional.

am i right??
                        Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

LOL: Not what you think (Loss of Libido)

It's nothing to laugh about, I know. I'm 46 y/o, and I've just been diagnosed with MS (yesterday), after four years of doctor visits and such. Anyway, the exacerbations have increased in the last six months, and I have noticed that despite the extreme fatigue I felt in the last year, I still had a very active libido, but in the last few months I've had intermittent loss of libido, and it didn't hit me until a particular friend came to mind, and I didn't have the same reaction to him that I usually have. It occurred to me that "the thought" hadn't crossed my mind in a very long time, and still didn't seem appealing even when I tried to force the sensations. I'm not even on meds for MS yet, so I fear how they will affect me once I start taking them (Copaxone & predisone).

But what has worked for me so far is to follow Nike's advice and just do it, just as some of the other posters have suggested. Halfway through the experience, you'll find your body saying, oh yes, I remember this. This is good. Let's make this happen and then woohoo! I'm sorry, but I'm too young to let MS take this from me too. It's not always going to work like a charm, but it's worth the effort for the times that it does work because it makes me feel so alive and so vibrant.

Comment

vice versa

well for me this thing seems like it is working in reverse. I just hit 35 and iam in overdrive, my husband cant even keep up. However; i have been in a flareup since June 20th and Iam numb...when i say "numb" i mean numb "there" yeap cant feel a thing and its killing me. has anyone ever experienced this?

Comment

Originally posted by kewi1976 View Post
                              well for me this thing seems like it is working in reverse. I just hit 35 and iam in overdrive, my husband cant even keep up. However; i have been in a flareup since June 20th and Iam numb...when i say "numb" i mean numb "there" yeap cant feel a thing and its killing me. has anyone ever experienced this?

Yes.... It's weird, isn't it??!!

My 30's was the same for me. DH chuckled and said I was asking like when we were first married. I said consider yourself a lucky man... :-)

Regarding the numbness... is it from a flare and are you getting treatment with it?
                              If not, tell your DR. Steroids have always ket me feel properly sooner than w/out treatment.

Comment

Working...
                              X