Fertility meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertility meds

Has anyone here use fertility meds to help conceive?

What was your experiecen with them?

Thank you

I did IVF; my sons will be five years old this month.

What would you like to know?

Comment

Hi. I did IVF to have both my children. Thankfully, I didn't have any MS issues with them.

Comment

no meds

We had trouble conceiving, but decided against medications to help before we started the process of infertility treatments. I read up on everything available at the time and decided how much time and money we should devote to it.

Don't get me wrong. We wanted children badly, but I thought it best to make some decisions before things became too emotional. Infertility is quite a roller coaster. The doctors thought I was crazy coming in with a list of what I would not do.

However, I wanted to reserve funds for adoption if that was needed. I had several friends at the time who spent all the money on infertility and were waiting to adopt until their finances were straightened back out.

My cycle was off. They never found out why and it never straightened up completely. The main problem was that both tubes were plugged, but they didn't know why. Ususally when they do surgery to unstop them, they find the reason. But with me, they only knew they were able to open them. One closed again soon. We were told not to expect a baby.

A few months later, much to our suprise, I was pregnant.

Next go round, I counldn't get pregnant again. They checked and one tube was blocked. It is almost as difficult to get pregnant with one tube as none, so they told me. I didn't want another surgery so we did nothing.
        Two years later, I was finally pregnant with baby number two.

Third try, they assured me that I would not be so blessed and lucky to get pregnant again. It took three years, and no doctors to get pregnant with baby three. My doctor just shook his head and said he was glad he didn't have money on it because he would have bet against us being successful. He said he was done making predictions about my pregnancies.

It took three more years to get pregnant the fourth time.
        We chose to stop there. Our oldes is 19 years old now.

Comment

We used clomid to get prego with our 1st son. We only needed 1 round of meds and ended up pregnant. Our daughter 2 1/2 years later was an accident ( a wonderful one)... who would have thought! Good luck!
          Be the kind of WOMAN that when your feet hit the floor each morning
          the DEVIL says "OH CRAP, SHES UP."

Comment

Wow, this is great news ladies. I'm going to start the clomid soon (in a couple days). I've been putting it off, but I am ready now and I feel so much better to hear these good outcomes. Congrats to you all

Comment

Working...
            X