No announcement yet.

Shaving/Hair Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced my Schick Intuition razor handle last week and won't go without it again. Don't need any shave cream, handle is wide and seems like you can't cut yourself the way it works.

Comment

The intuition is a godsend! I've got two bad hands and limited sensation in my legs. When I use anything other than the intuition my tuv looks like the shower scene in Psycho
      Melissa Goerke
      [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

I'm going to give you all a good laugh. I have not been able to leave the house for two days because I put Nair Upper Lip hair remover on my upper lip and it burnt me to a crisp. I really look like a clown with red lipstick all over my face. I won't do this again!!!!

Comment

Oh no ! That is awful !

I'm sure it is incredibly painful as well as embarassing. I hope that it clears up soon.

Do you normally have sensitive skin ?

I remember going "fake" tanning before my prom, and ended up with bright red burnt splotches all over - my chest, arms, face, etc. Thankfully we could cover them with makeup and you can't tell in the pictures. That was 25 years ago . . .

Comment

My husband bought a tub chair so I can sit in the shower and shave. I used to do the balancing act with one foot in the sink! I was just asking for a fall.

The chair is really nice. I can soak my feet, too. How nice that can be! My coordination/clumsiness is a problem, but I take my time. And I can still wear my glasses, too! ha!

I only shave once a week. I can't go more. I don't know what I'll do when I really have problems. Maybe my husband will shave for me, also! He already trims my toenails!

Comment

No.. I didn't rely on any creams or gels for removing my hairs. These are temporary methods and I always wanted to get rid of my hairs permanently. That's why I used laser method and after 5 to 6 sittings, my hairs have permanently gone.

Comment

Shaving

I use a mens' shaver on my arm pits and an electric shaver on my legs. I don't like the electric shaver though. Doesn't get close enough. I end up using it several times a day.
                I cut myself using the razor.
                techie
                Another pirated saying:
                Half of life is if.
                When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
                Dogs Rule!

Comment

techie - check out the Schick Intuition for your legs. It has a nice wide handle, doesn't require shave cream and shouldn't cut you like a regular razor does. Something about the shape and the heads makes it work awesome.

I use a Panasonic electric women's shaver on my underarms.

Electric razor on the legs does not give as close a shave as I want.

Comment

ouch

Sounds painful with the Nair cream. I use the sensitive skin hair remover for the face. I have never had issues with it. I don't even have a bad mustache, just the very ends by my lips have a few hairs.

On a side note, all of us ladies on my Father's side of the family have always gotten whiskers on our chin (Thanks to our Grandma's genes). MS was my cure for this. I have not had one whisker since my diagnosis. It is a big joke in my family now that while I don't advocate getting MS, I finally found the cure!
                    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Working...
                    X