Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about medicinal marijuana (Cannabinoids)- Member Topic for March 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Edited to add:

    Marinol is a mainstream prescription drug covered by insurance. It is pure synthetic THC. THC without CBD and terpenes in MMJ, isnít very effective. I tried it before MMJ was legal.

    Sativex has THC and CBD in it, 1:1 ratio and helps MS. Itís availan in Europe and Israel. Sadly, not in USA. I would try it.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Poolwatcher View Post
      Mama bug,
      MMJ will not stop or treat MS disease. It impacts symptoms of pain and spasticity. As it ameliorates that your gait could be affected in that your muscles will be less spastic.

      .
      Yes, I know it only treats symptoms. Urinary function is one that impacts me. And inflammation isn't good for anybody.

      You say gait can be affected. In what way? Improves it, it makes it worse?

      I also realize that help is unregulated. But, in my state, so is my, because it is illegal.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

      Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
      .

      - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        Yes, I know it only treats symptoms. Urinary function is one that impacts me. And inflammation isn't good for anybody.

        You say gait can be affected. In what way? Improves it, it makes it worse?

        I also realize that help is unregulated. But, in my state, so is my, because it is illegal.
        My gait is somewhat improved because the MMJ reduces my spasticity in my lower legs by about 20%.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by ppmsichshize View Post
          Question for those able to medicate with MJ

          What strains do you find helpful?

          In what form do you take the medication?

          whats better for you? Indica or Sativa, or what blend of hybrid ?

          Obviously everyone is different, but knowledge is power...
          Hi Rob

          The list of the licensed Ohio MMJ dispensaries is out. The list has the name, county, city, and address of each dispensary. (There are three in my vicinity).

          Not sure if any are quite ready for business yet, but they all must be in operation by Sept 8 of this year.

          Soon you'll be able to ask your questions at the dispensary.

          https://www.medicalmarijuana.ohio.go...e%20Awards.pdf

          Take Care
          PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

          Comment


            #35
            Good news

            Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hi Rob

            The list of the licensed Ohio MMJ dispensaries is out. The list has the name, county, city, and address of each dispensary. (There are three in my vicinity).

            Not sure if any are quite ready for business yet, but they all must be in operation by Sept 8 of this year.

            Soon you'll be able to ask your questions at the dispensary.

            https://www.medicalmarijuana.ohio.go...e%20Awards.pdf

            Take Care

            Thanks KOKO

            Looking forward to it, I had good luck with Toledo Hemp ( in regards to getting a Michigan card) but I have not purchased yet....kinda pricey. But good to know I can.

            Hope all is well

            Rob

            Comment


              #36
              Poolwatcher, How many drops is in 1 dose for you?
              God Bless Us All

              Comment


                #37
                An Answer

                Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                Poolwatcher, How many drops is in 1 dose for you?
                I was told to use two drops twice a day and four drops before bed. It seems to be helping me with my mood and I can sleep for longer periods of time.

                Comment


                  #38
                  It's for CBD, but I did find this, which might be of use:

                  https://www.cbdoilusers.com/cbd-oil-...ge-calculator/

                  Comment


                    #39
                    interesting

                    That's some interesting info, Thanks for sharing. I will be diving into the whole cbd thing within the next few weeks, so I'm sure I will review it again. I'll post what I learn on this thread.

                    I found a strain of medicine that shows a little improvement with mobility and flexibility for me. Its not a miracle sized difference, however it is worthy of a trial run, because in our world a little improvement can obviously go a long way... when ya just plain can't walk!!!! The name of the medicine is Platinum OG.

                    Thought I'd share for what its worth

                    God Bless

                    Rob

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Also not in a MMJ state but have been using for a couple years now since I first read it helped.

                      Interestingly enough I have not had a full blown relapse since I started. I know it's not a cure and isn't supposed to slow progression but since starting I am back working full time, in a construction related industry so not exactly light duty. I have had a few flares but nothing that lasted any real length of time. I have read that it has neuro-protective properties. Google marijuana neuro-protective to read some of the literature. I am still taking Gilyena and I wonder if some how the combination of the two is working some magic.

                      Even my neuro is a bit impressed by my last two MRI's showing no disease activity.

                      It has also cut my opioid use by about 40% and if I was in a legal MMJ state that would probably go to 100% as I primarily use the opioids now when I can't smoke, which is most of the time.

                      As far as gait goes initially it hurt my gait but helped with spacsticity and related pain. The hurting of the gait was primarily cause I was still dosing like a 20 year old stoner. After a couple of months I got it regulated to where I can smoke just enough to help but not enough to get "high". After 6 months I stopped having spasticity altogether and quit using a cane.

                      I have thought to quit smoking and see what happens but after over 2 years relapse and cane free I kinda don't want to poke the bear. If/When I do have another relapse maybe I'll consider changing my protocols.

                      I don't claim it is a miracle cure and my improvement could be caused by many things, like anything else with MS your mileage may vary.
                      Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

                      Comment


                        #41
                        can't get low enough

                        10mg in a daily edible over the course of about 10 days really helped to resolve neuritis pain after my last ON flare. Recently I picked up a bottle of 25mg oil tabs to see how they'd perform on headaches. Well for me, that amount is extreeeeeeeemely relaxing, so I'm saving them for isolated pain relief or to de-stress here and there. I do think CBD works great. When you find your best dose there are really no side effects. I am 5'9 150 and daily 10mg does have a great lasting effect on pain, but I feel "normal."
                        All the best, ~G

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by gargantua View Post
                          10mg in a daily edible over the course of about 10 days really helped to resolve neuritis pain after my last ON flare. Recently I picked up a bottle of 25mg oil tabs to see how they'd perform on headaches. Well for me, that amount is extreeeeeeeemely relaxing, so I'm saving them for isolated pain relief or to de-stress here and there. I do think CBD works great. When you find your best dose there are really no side effects. I am 5'9 150 and daily 10mg does have a great lasting effect on pain, but I feel "normal."
                          Meant to add, the ratio of both above meds is 30:1 CBD to THC.
                          All the best, ~G

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X