Chemicals Found In Popular Household Products Linked To Multiple Sclerosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemicals Found In Popular Household Products Linked To Multiple Sclerosis

Two chemicals found in common household products like disinfectants and furniture may play a role in the development of neurological disorders like autism and multiple sclerosis, according to a new study, adding to previous research that found the chemicals may be detrimental to human health.

The researchers examined over 1,800 common household chemicals—which they believe lacked research on their potential link to brain health—and discovered two that may have a negative effect on brain health: quaternary ammonium compounds (also called “quats” or QACs) and organophosphate flame retardants, according to the new study published Monday in Nature Neuroscience.

Quats are found in products like body washes, fabric softeners, shampoos, sunscreens, baby wipes, shaving creams and disinfectants like some Lysol, Clorox and Downy products.

Read more-
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/arianna...h=138a2de27b17
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Thank you Seasah for the information
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Oh my gosh. That makes so much sense. I have been reacting violently to these products for years. They first gave me severe asthma attacks and later neurological problems. I avoid them. Anyone who uses those products cant come in my house.

Comment

I try to buy mostly organic, non toxic cleaning supplies and personal care supplies.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X