Isolation - how to deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isolation - how to deal

It's some kind of a new stage for me - I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to be left alone. I don't have the energy, and I can't muster the interest. The problem is, I have middle school age kids! Did anyone go through that? How do you deal?

I'm sorry you are having a tough time. I have also felt the same way as many of us here have too. Sometimes I don;t have the energy to do much nor talk to many people. But, I'm wondering if you might have clinical depression as you have no interest in anything in combination with all the rest?

I have gained much on being on an anti-depressant for quite some time now and it has helped me tremendously. And in the past a therapist has also helped me through some tough times. I hope you might consider this.

I wish you wellness in finding ways that bring you some peace of mind.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

l forgot to say that yes, I have depression, and despite antidepressants it's gotten pretty bad. But I've had it for a long while, and the conversation problem grew worse just recently.

Comment

Hi cookie_crumbles. It is not a fun feeling. Mine was more situational, but yes, I did feel that way for awhile. Has anything changed in your life that may have brought this in?

Since it is a change in how your depression feels, I would definitely call your psychiatrist and let the doc know. Do you also see a psychologist or therapist? As much as you don't want to talk, it may be beneficial to you. It probably is wise to let your neuro know as well about the change.

Both a medication change and talk therapy helped me. Some days I went to the therapist looking like I just rolled out of bed, and in reality, I did. It took all the strength to brush my teeth, wash my face, get dressed, and let someone drive me.

I truly hope it lessens for you. I can only imagine how difficult with two kids to care for.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I've been going through this for a long time now. Do not feel like you have to apologize or explain yourself. I LOVE being alone and I LOVE my kids. I see them just enough, but not too much. They understand me and I understand them. If things don't iron out for you see your doctor and see where that takes you. Sorry you are feeling low.
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
            Since it is a change in how your depression feels, I would definitely call your psychiatrist and let the doc know. Do you also see a psychologist or therapist? As much as you don't want to talk, it may be beneficial to you. It probably is wise to let your neuro know as well about the change.

I'd echo this advice. I hope you can find a solution that decreases your depression and increases your desire to be around people.

~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
            X