Trip to the ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip to the ER

I can't believe I forgot to add this to my previous post. Sometime that night, my suprapubic catheter fell out! My urologist had just replaced it, after the procedure the day before. I'd stayed in bed until about 3 pm because I'd felt so bad because of .fever. So it wasn't noticed until I was getting out of bed. It'd been out several hours. The bed was all wet, but for some reason I didn't notice it. Thankfully have waterproof pads to protect it.

The site can close within a few hours, requiring another surgery, so it needs to replaced quickly. So had to go the ER. It was starting to close, but thankfully the ER dr knew what to do. He used a few smaller diameter sized to slowly dialate the site back open. Was so relieved he could do that. Said he could only do that because my site had been there for awhile.

It was busy as usual, so were there almost five hours. So, another long day. The ER wanted to admit me because my blood pressure was considered too low. They had to use my calf to take it. I've always had low pressure, take after my mom. Sometimes it gets pretty low at home, but always goes back up.

I assume it was because I'd spent most of the day laying down (and for hours on the stretcher in the ER). It was also really low when I was in the hospital last fall. Since I can't stand up to get out of bed, spent the entire time I was there in it, except for the one time a physical therapist helped me to the chair. Went home "against medical advice." Then when I got home was fine.​
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

You are a true trooper Kimba !!!
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

I’m glad you were able to get that taken care of but 5 hrs so sorry.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
      X