Mold exposure as a trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mold exposure as a trigger

Has anyone had worsening symptoms or a relapse from mold exposure? I'm talking about obvious mold...when you walk into a room and the smell hits you in the face.

Where I work, there has been an ongoing problem...some say they don't smell it?? IDK how?? Anyway, I've been working from home since the mold situation is not going to be remedied. I refuse to ruin my health any further with something toxic like that...and I'm allergic -- will give me a pounding headache.

Here's an article I found... not sure how credible it is. Does anyone have any knowledge of mold exposure and MS?

https://www.mswellnessroute.com/mold...trigger-of-ms/

Sorry to hear about the mold at your work place. It really should be inspected and addressed by your employer. There are some rules and regulations for this. You probably notice the smell because you're sensitive to it. I also have a mold allergy, and would expect that to trigger my allergy symptoms.

From what I read, mold doesn't trigger MS relapses. There's a slight increase for that from food allergies. But it can definitely cause headaches or migraines. It can also cause peripheral neuropathy. Peripheral neuropathy happens when the nerves that are located outside of the brain and spinal cord (peripheral nerves) are damaged.

At least you can work from home. Hopefully, the mold situation at work will be addressed.

Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hi Kimba -

Yeah, mold can give me a pounding headache. My workplace says "everything is fine" and it's not going to be addressed. It's a bit of a pig-stye where I work. They've not even vacuumed the carpeting since it was replaced 13 years ago. It was replaced due to a flood of sewage.

Funny you mention peripheral neuropathy though. I've had numb feet for years since the sewage flood. I wonder? How can you tell the difference between numb feet from MS or peripheral neuropathy?

Comment

Testing, please ignore.
        MSWorld Administration

Comment

That must be disgusting. Even if the carpet looks clean (which I'm sure it doesn't), there's dust mites, bacteria, and mold spores in there. My allergies would've been set off years ago!
          I think the only way to know whether your numb feet is from peripheral neuropathy or MS is a nerve conduction study. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...nduction-study

Best wishes

Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I lived in an apartment in a apartment complex. I mentioned it like that because it was built to be an apartment. The bathroom had a fan but it vented into the ceiling. I was told that and I didn't believe it so I investigated and it did vent in the ceiling. That being said I had chronic mold in the bathroom. I'd spray professional mold killer for it to be back very quickly. I got tired of it and thought letting it get really bad perhaps then management would finally do something. It was such a frustrating situation when I got them to look and they literally acted like there was nothing. I no longer live there but wonder how much life long damage it has done to me. 20200128_151822.jpg
            My husband has unexplainable health issues too.

Comment

I lived in an apartment in a apartment complex. I mentioned it like that because it was built to be an apartment. The bathroom had a fan but it vented into the ceiling. I was told that and I didn't believe it so I investigated and it did vent in the ceiling. That being said I had chronic mold in the bathroom. I'd spray professional mold killer for it to be back very quickly. I got tired of it and thought letting it get really bad perhaps then management would finally do something. It was such a frustrating situation when I got them to look and they literally acted like there was nothing. I no longer live there but wonder how much life long damage it has done to me. 20200128_151822.jpg
              My husband has unexplainable health issues too.

Comment

Working...
              X