Good News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News

I tend to blame any medical issues on MS. I posted in late November that I had a sudden decrease in vision and increase in dizziness. I assumed it was a flare. As my vision continued to go downhill I finally went to an ophthalmologist. He thought it was probably MS also but decided to try something. I had a laser procedure on my better eye and the results were fantastic. I had the worse eye done last Monday and I can see clearly again! The dizziness subsided too which I assume is because I can see better now. Anyway, I would not have waited so long had I not blamed MS for this particular trouble. But I am very, very, happy now.

Wow. Great news. Glad both issues resolved. Any idea what caused the sudden change in vision? I know we all rend to blame MS usually, but glad you got checked out.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Oh Loopey! What amazing news for you!!! I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this for you!! Keep going and thanks for the reminder that some things might not be related to MS. Great lesson for us! Love you!
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

That's wonderful news, Loopey! I've often wondered about getting this done for myself. I had ON in one eye many years ago (which led to my final and correct Dx) but for years now I still can't see out of that eye very well. I wonder if the laser procedure would help me? I should ask.

Regardless, I'm happy your outcome for both problems are resolved.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

That is wonderful!
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

That's awesome! I am so glad you found a solution. I can see why bad vision could lead to dizziness.
            "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
            ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Wow ! it’s nice to hear some good news.
              I’m on the waiting list for cataract surgery.
              You have give me hope Loopey
              Thank you.
              It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Woohoo! I'm so happy for you.

I love reading victory stories.

Comment

That is Amazing!! So happy for you Loopy!
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

That's wonderful news, Loopey!

Did they also replace the lens in your eyes? Just curious. Read they usually do that after age 40, because most people also start having difficulty reading close up print as well.

I've worn glasses since I was 10. Could hardly wait to get contacts (my parents made me wait until I was 16). Can't wear them anymore because too difficult to put in and take out because of spasticity in my hand. Miss not wearing glasses, but am blind as bat without them. Need to find my glasses to find my glasses, lol. Was overdue to get my eyes checked again, but finally had that done last week. Slight change in my vision, which is good because I already have a high prescription. Eyes checked out healthy, too!

I've thought about getting lasik surgery, but it's not a permanent solution and have enough to deal with because of my MS. The last thing I want is more problems if something went wrong. There was a lady from local news channels who committed suicide 3 months after the surgery, because of complications she'd suffered from it. So sad, she also had young children.

Originally posted by Seasha
                    I had ON in one eye many years ago (which led to my final and correct Dx) but for years now I still can't see out of that eye very well. I wonder if the laser procedure would help me? I should ask.

Laser surgery won't help damage done from N, which involves the optic nerve. It is those for who have nearsightedness, farsightedness, and/ or astigmatism. It is used to change the curvaturve of lens or cornea.

Here are some threads that discuss lasik surgery:

https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...ik-eye-surgery

https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...ik-eye-surgery

https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...ery#post112574
                    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I had cataract surgery in 2022 which went very well but about a year later my eyesight started getting worse all of a sudden. It got progressively worse and finally I could not see my texts even with my reading glasses. i could not see my computer messages either and one day when I was meeting my son I didn't recognize him as he walked towards me. Since it got so bad so fast I blamed ON. I went to a new ophthalmologist and though he thought it might be MS related he decided to do a laser procedure which eliminates the second cataracts. After he did the first eye it was like a miracle! Where I couldn't read the eye chart before I could read it all now. I had the other eye done the following week. It is a common problem after cataract surgery and the laser procedure was painless and only took about 20 minutes.

Comment

Oh, wow. That must've been scary you couldn't even recognize your son! It does makes more sense now you had cataract surgery, thanks for clarifying.

My parents and sister in law had it done. Said the procedure was quick, painless, and couldn't believe the results. My dad was amazed how colors looked afterward. Both my parents needed more surgery a few years later because their vision started getting fuzzy again. But didn't sound as drastic as what happened to you. A film developed over the implant, which their dr said was common. Also had one eye done at a time. Wonder if film is same thing that happened to you?

My mom had worn glasses since she was nine (nearsighted), and after her cataract surgery she kept forgetting she didn't wear them anymore. Kept going to push them up on her nose, but they weren't there. Was so weird not to see wearing glasses anymore, everyone would say why does she look different?

My mother in law was told she needed it done more than 30 years ago, but she was afraid to do it. Told her my grandmother had it done in her 80's and everything went great. Couldn't convince her to get it done. Even found the best ophthalmologist in the area for her. Now she's 98 and can barely see.

So glad you can see well again!
                        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Testing, please ignore.
                          MSWorld Administration

Comment

Yes; good news that the surgery was successful.

When I experience new or unusual symptoms, I generally think, it COULD be MS because MS controls the brain and the brain controls everything. But, it might not be.
                            ~ Faith
                            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                            X