symptoms that are unique to ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

symptoms that are unique to ms

I remember reading somewhere that there are a couple symptoms that are specific to MS. In other words, symptoms that are more common to MS patients than any other illness. Anyone know anything about this?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I think Lhermitte's sign (a transient electric shock sensation down the spine) is one of these symptoms.

It is most commonly associated with MS, but can less frequently be found with Bechet's disease, transverse myelitis, and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).​

Comment

I am not aware of any symptom that is unique to MS. There a few that are rarer and point to a nervous system disorder.

As sing_a_long said, L'Hermites is one. That is what let me to my diagnosis. Optic neuritis leads people to a diagnosis, but MS is not the only cause. While not a symptom, a positive Babinski reflex test also indicates nervous system disorder.

That is why it sometimes takes awhile for diagnosis if MRIs don't show the criteria. It is a puzzle - the neuro has to look at the symptoms that are positive for MS and eliminate all other causes.
      ​​​
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X