IM JUST SO ANGRY ALL THE TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM JUST SO ANGRY ALL THE TIME

Hi all: its been a long time since iv' been here. I belive i was working full time at a very demanding job. Since 2010 I have been on disability and transitioned to SPMS. Balance,cognitive,fatigue,cog fog bladder(now catherizing) are my usual demons daily. However i do experience a good day in between.

I am angry as my cognitive processing is acts up alot. Im not the person i was I am very quiet and do not communicate like i did in th past- its just too difficult.

So I have a few good friends and i watch TV alot and walk my dog.

Attend virtual and in person wupport groups as I feel more comfortable

Thanks all just needed to vent

best
    Roxy118
    Last edited by pennstater; 02-10-2024, 01:11 PM. Reason: Edited to remove white space at bottom of post

MS really is a thief. I'm glad to read that you are still enjoying and attending activities especially walking with your pup, they are the best! Hang in there.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hi Roxy. Nice to see a post from you. Please vent all you want.

A lot of us can relate to feeling anger and grief at losing some of the person we were before. I tell family and friends it feels like I am aging quickly, older than my years. I can also relate to the cog fog, fatigue, memory issues, all of which drove me out of the workforce.

My days are similar, walk the dog, try to do some stretching, strengthening, and balancing exercises, and some puzzles for the brain. On days I volunteer, my husband walks the dog.

I think a few things helped me move past my anger and grief: volunteering, keeping a gratitude journal, letting my family and friends in more, and cutting a few toxic people out of my life. But I do get frustrated that I have to plan my days more, like when to clean, do laundry and that I can't be spontaneous in my plans, unless I pay the price for it. Still working on letting that frustration go.

That being said, MS itself can also affect our emotions. Have you talked to your neuro about the anger? If it is affecting you in your daily life, may be worth discussing and possibly seeing a therapist. And if just venting, please ignore the suggestions.

I am really glad that you are able to take advantage of both virtual and in person support groups. Noone gets it better than people dealing with similar issues.

Hope we see you around a little more!
      ​​​​​
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hey Roxy!

Thank you for sharing what many persons with MS feel.

I become very frustrated often. I think deep frustration is a spin-off of anger.

For the most part, my frustrations stem from a myriad of physical impairments.

My cognitive functions are still intact, with minimal deficits.

I receive cognitive testing on a regular basis and have surprisingly good results thus far.

My Doctor brings interns to my room and will ask me various questions to check my mind's sharpness (like a pop quiz ).

I always do well, and he gets so excited and pleased with that, giving me several 'high-fives'.

He finds it surprising that even with all of my physical deficits, my mind has been spared up to this point.

And I am grateful for that.

In any case,

Originally posted by Jules A
        MS really is a thief
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I remember you. You were one of our regulars. I certainly empathize with feeling angry about having MS. When I was first diagnosed I was meeting people who were on special diets and doing yoga and I thought they were stupid. I was so angry and I wanted to stay that way.

Maybe you are doing exactly what you need to do right now. Maybe you will feel differently down the road.

Comment

Thanks all for te replies. Yes MS is a sneaky thief. Im glad to come back on thid site. When i have time tomorrow to ornanize my thpughs,i will share some helful information for mental health and urology.
            thankS ALL. ROXY

Comment

I'm glad you are here to vent as this is a safe place to do so!

I remember my transition to SPMS and what a hard time I had accepting this. One thing I did was to go back to counseling (the same therapist I used when I was first diagnosed) and she helped me tremendously in giving me much needed tools to work through this period.

It is a grieving process and I believe perhaps this is what you're going through now? Read- https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-s...loss-and-grief

I hope you consider counseling if you feel it's right for you. Thinking of you during this changing time.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Roxy, I'm glad you're back. Yes, sometimes it's possible to feel anger at what life with MS has dealt us. I wish we could fix it. Meanwhile, feel free to come here and vent.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I get it. I really do. I completely understand the cognitive side of things. I often can't be bothered to explain something to someone because it's just too many words. I would rather go and look for something for a family member than tell them exactly where it is - again, just too many words. And only people who get it will get it.

I am in Canada where all things cannabis are legal. I am not sure where you are but if you are able to purchase cannabinoid products I highly recommend CBG (yes, that is a G - not to be confused with CBD). It is not psychoactive (it won't get you high). CBG is neuro-protective and really, really helps me with cog-fog, anxiety and stress. In short, it makes me less angry and brain-fatigued.

Hang in there - it's all we can do! Hug your dog and just look into her beautiful face and feel joy. Dogs have a way of making everything better! What kind of dog is she? I have a chihuahua and, I swear, some days she is the only thing keeping me from losing my mind.
                  "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
                  ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

I am so glad to hear all the replies to this post. I've been so touchy lately when my neighbors "bother" me with visits that I really don't need or want. I've been feeling annoyed by them, more so since Sam died. I can't seem to get some of these people to understand that I don't need the company and I especially don't need to hear all their complaints about their lives and families. I've become very reclusive and I actually avoid some of these folks if I see them coming up my driveway. Maybe this isn't exactly the same thing you are going through, but it sounds similar to me. The cognitive stuff is so hard to deal with. Hang in there. Hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, don't apologize for feeling angry. And thanks for helping me understand what's going on in my head.
                    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X