Hoping flu vaccine and covid boosters work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping flu vaccine and covid boosters work

Found out today that we were exposed at Christmas brunch to someone who tested positive for covid today. They felt ill yesterday.

Also found out exposed at Christmas dinner to someone who tested positive for the flu today. They fell ill yesterday as well.

We both had our flu and RSV vaccines in October, and the covid booster early November, hoping it would protect us thru the holidays. I had been masking up everywhere in public the last month as covid is spreading quickly here.

So here is hoping we both remain unaffected. Stay well everyone!
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Hoping you both stay well. We have continued to mask up when we go out and so far so good.

Comment

Sounds like you took the proactive approach, pennstater, and I hope it bypasses you. I got a booster in Nov. as well, but not the flu nor RSV vaccine. I probably should reconsider as we are around our grandkids often.

Heard about the uptick in covid. Oh boy, here we go again...
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hope you both stay well!
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hopefully the vaccine's will work, I Wish Y'all Well
          God Bless Us All

Comment

I, also got both this fall. My daughter's family had a bad bout of the flu and I didn't catch it. I've had cold symptoms off and on and have not tested. I'm just assuming it's not, because I've had a recent booster. It feels more like bronchitis kind of stuff.

I hope you stay healthy. (( blue heart))

- Faith
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Fingers crossed! Please keep us posted.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

Thanks all. I woke up yesterday with low grade fever with chills, scratchy throat, headache. I tested negative for covid, will retest a few more times. Slept for 10 hours last night. But overall, don't really feel that sick, more like fighting something off. Hoping passes quickly.

Paul feels ok so far.

Thanks for the well wishes.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                X