Had surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had surgery

Urologist was supposed to remove the stent that was placed in a kidney during my October hospitalization for a uti and fevers. One kidney was larger than the other (per CT scan), and my doctor wanted to make sure it was draining. Still looking for possible causes for fevers that lasted well into November.

He did a cystoscopy, to look at my bladder and kidneys (via a tiny camera). Don't have any symptoms of one, but my dr wanted to see if I had any kidney stones and remove if I did. Told my husband there was pus around the stent and he couldn't look at my kidneys, so replaced the stent instead. Ugh. But at least this one is smaller and can be removed in his office, without surgery. Now need to have a CT scan done to check for kidney stones.

So ready for this to be over with. Good news is that my fevers are gone. But not happy to find out about the pus, or another stent. I think the stent moved about a week ago, because of blood in my urine, that wasn't there before. Dr said blood in the urine was normal, and not to worry about it. But, my gut told me different. Once again, reminded important to be my own advocate.
    Last edited by KoKo; 12-23-2023, 01:23 AM.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

I am so glad the fevers are gone but feel bad for your stent problems. I hope you have great health in the new year!

Comment

I'm glad that at least the fevers have resolved. However, it would have been nice to have it all resolved. I'm with you on the blood in urine. It seems unusual to claim this is normal. Either way it sounds like some progress.

My FIL was a two-time kidney transplant recipient. His last kidney was donated by my husband. My family is well-versed in nephrology and its implications. So, my dear, I feel for you. I understand how debilitating kidney issues can be. I hope it is all resolved soon.

Happy holidays to you!
      "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
      ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

I hope you can resolve all these issues, Kimba, and the next year will be healthier and kinder for you. Happy holidays!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hang in there and happy holidays.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Hope it resolves soon and that 2024 is a much healthier one for you.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I'm sorry you are still not feeling well and I pray the Dr's will figure it out so you can have a heathier and happy new year.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

I wonder if you ever had a hysterectomy. I show blood in my urine a lot because of the lack of hormones. It's called vaginal atrophy. I'm sure your problem is something different, but thought I'd mention it to you. I'm using a vaginal cream to control it and this seems to be working. Wishing you a better 2024 with complete recovery from your problems.
                Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
                X