Paresthesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paresthesia

Here's the story. Yesterday my son and I were driving in the city. I started a burning sensation in my left wrist. Then, it just seemed to roll over my head and inside my mouth with tingling, like pins and needles. Lasted about 20 minutes or so and son Josh took me to the E/R. Of course that in itself is an anxiety breeding ground. The doctor did a bunch of blood work and all the usual physical neurological tests. He mentioned that this could have been a short MS thing. It didn't come back, didn't last long. So, he's calling this paresthesia.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of thing. The worst of it was on the top of my head and inside my mouth. When I got home I had a little bit of Trigeminal Neuralgia which also didn't last long. Can anyone give me any input on this one?

Thanks guys.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I have chronic burning sensations in my buttocks region. It gets worse when pressure is on the area. Not fun, especially when wheelchair bound. Sometimes it happens elsewhere on my body, and can spread like you described. I haven't had it on my head or in my mouth. But it can happen anywhere. Glad it didn't last too long!

More info:
    https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...-Symptoms/Pain

Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hey marty My tongue burns often and on different parts of my body but not my head. Glad it didn't last long.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
        Hey marty My tongue burns often and on different parts of my body but not my head. Glad it didn't last long.
        Thanks. The strangest thing was the tingling inside my mouth. My wrist was the first to burn. We were worried about a possible stroke, but the doc ruled that out. I also have burning tongue, but this stuff was different. I haven't had any MS stuff kick up in a long time. I kind of think some of this was anxiety.
        Marti

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post
          I have chronic burning sensations in my buttocks region. It gets worse when pressure is on the area. Not fun, especially when wheelchair bound. Sometimes it happens elsewhere on my body, and can spread like you described. I haven't had it on my head or in my mouth. But it can happen anywhere. Glad it didn't last too long!

More info:
          https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...-Symptoms/Pain
          Thank you. I imagine there are extra pain symptoms when you are confined. I do get burning mouth sometimes, but this was different.
          Marti

Comment

I had different paresthesias - electric zaps in my foot, tingling in feet and hands, numbness. Also "hot" and "wet" sensations on skin. My doctors did't take that as anything serious, and told me it's nothing unless it goes on 24 hours non-stop.

What''s best is that they checked you for stroke. No stroke - it's great!

Comment

I've felt similar. I'm in a wheelchair and I get spasms & tremors. Numbness & tingling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie_Crumbles View Post
                I had different paresthesias - electric zaps in my foot, tingling in feet and hands, numbness. Also "hot" and "wet" sensations on skin. My doctors did't take that as anything serious, and told me it's nothing unless it goes on 24 hours non-stop.

What''s best is that they checked you for stroke. No stroke - it's great!
                I just re-read some of these posts and saw yours again. I do get that wet feeling on my skin like you do. Thank you for answering my question. Hope you are getting along better.
                Marti

Comment

I have no experience with anything similar. I hope it gets resolved for you.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                  X