Internal tremors anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal tremors anyone?

Yesterday we had two of our 7 year old grandkids over for a sleepover, then had plans to go to a movie this morning. They didn't fall asleep until 11pm, so neither did I. I woke up at 4am warm and cozy, but shivering nonetheless. I never got back to sleep. I looked it up online and found this from Medical News today:

"Internal vibrations, also known as internal tremors, can feel like a person is shaking on the inside. They typically affect people with Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or essential tremor.

Internal tremors are shaking sensations felt inside the body. They occur without visible movement, which external tremors produce.

A person may experience internal tremors in the trunk, arms, legs, or internal organs. Internal tremors are not harmful, but they can be worrying and may interfere with a person’s daily life.

This article looks at the causes and treatment of internal tremors...."

​ By the time everyone woke up, had breakfast and was ready to leave, I was so wiped out I stayed home and eventually slept. Now, I'm wondering if anyone else has had these type of internal tremors? If so, what have you done or what meds help if any. I have had this happen a couple of times in the past and it;s no fun.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

yes, I've had them many times. I don't know any treatment. I hope you feel better after getting some sleep.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Hey Seasha! (and REG)

I get the inner shivers too (that's what I call them).

Been getting them for such a long time now that I forget that they're not 'normal'.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

It's nice to know that I'm not alone. The tremors lasted a few hours and I started feeling really anxious. This anxiety stems from not being in control of my body. Many of us can relate, I''m sure. I finally took some baclofen and a small dose of tizandine so I could sleep it off.

Comment

I didn’t know there was a name for that. I take Primidone for tremors. I wonder if it would work for internal tremors. I definitely get them.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Palmtree. Are you taking this for internal tremors or external tremors?

It's happening again tonight!! I took my arsenal of meds but it hasn't kicked in yet. I'll look into Primidone and call my neuro tomorrow to see what she has to say. It's so weird and uncomfortable.

Comment

Hope they go away soon for you. I have never experienced that internally. I can imagine it is disconcerting.

I sometimes get phantom eye twitches - I feel like it is pulsating and twitching, but nobody can see any movement. That is a tell take clue I need some rest or that I am stressed.

Hope you get some help.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

My first thought was akathisia but I think there is usually outward activation, movements like marching, moving feet etc. It looks like people with PD can get it but I've mostly seen it as a side effect of medication.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...3954-akathisia
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                Anonymous

Comment

fwiw....I was having tremors upon falling asleep. My GP suggested that my B12 was probably low. It was in 281 not horrible but he said if it is on the low end it can cause problems - since then I raised it with sublingual B12 to 936. It seemed to help a lot. I've not felt the tremors since. Low B12 can cause anxiety issues also.

From NHS website: Vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause symptoms that affect your brain and nervous system (neurological symptoms), including: numbness. muscle weakness. psychological problems, which can range from mild depression or anxiety, to confusion and dementia.​

Comment

Thank you VikingKitty for letting me know! Since I don't eat any red meat (a good source of B12), I try to take the sublinqual form. I don't always remember, however and most days I forget. i'll have to write a big sign reminder to put in the kitchen. I'm glad it's working for you.

I called my neuro to make an appt. to discuss, but I can't get in until May. I'm on a waiting list so we'll see. She's popular and there aren't a whole lot of other neuros here. In the meantime, I will take B12 and my other arsenal of medications and hope it subsides soon.

Thanks again!

Comment

Hopefully, the B12 will help you too! And to be specific about my post....yes, they were internal tremors while falling asleep....I also would feel horrible and anxious when they would happen which at the time was pretty frequently.

Another thing....I just looked back at my bloodwork...it took 3 months to raise my B12 from 281 to 936 at a dose of 2,500 mcg sublingually daily. For the brand I have that equates to 1/2 dropper.

I had been taking the B12 pills before that but I must not have been absorbing them....that's why I switched to the under-the-tongue version.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X