Flare or Flu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flare or Flu?

A few weeks ago my eyesight got suddenly much more blurry. I never had optic neuritis but thought maybe that was it. I was also much dizzier than usual and light headed. Then today I feel so dizzy it is making me nauseated. I can barely walk and am using my cane again. I haven't gone out today it would be impossible because I am so off balance. This seems very much like a flare. I stopped Aubagio several years ago. I hope that I caught something and this is just a flu but it doesn't seem like it.

I'm so sorry you're not doing well. Sounds more like a flare to me. Let your neuro know what is going on.

Hope you feel better soon!

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Tr...aging-Relapses
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Also sounds more like a flare to me. My initial MS flare, in 2002, which put me on the long road to dx, began with dizziness.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

It also sounds like a flare to me, as well. I had ON and you usually experience pain and diminished sight. Have you tried doing an Amsler Grid test? You can Google it and use it on your screen. It's a pretty good test for ON. If there are parts of the grid that you can not see or are blurred out then it can be a sign of ON.
        "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
        ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Well, it is definitely a flare. I have been stable for over 10 years both on Aubagio and after I stopped using it about 5 years ago so this is a surprise. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. I really do not want to take steroids and I am even skeptical about starting a new med. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks and I am losing sleep trying to decide what to do.

Comment

Im sorry you are having a flair and not feeling well I hope you feel better and can have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!

I wish you all the best with your decision

God Bless Us All

Comment

Sorry to hear loopey. It may be worth discussing your reservations with your doctor. My understanding is that the steroids won't change the end result of the relapse, it just may get you through to the end quicker. Hopefully you are not left with any residual vision issues or vertigo.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

So sorry, Loopey. This disease is so unpredictable. You're only stable until you're not.

I hope your neurologist can give you better insight on what to do about starting a med. Hope your flare is over soon. Let us know how your appt goes. Thinking of you.
                Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
                X