It’s been awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s been awhile

I am an old timer on this forum. MS wise I am still doing okay.
    I lost my husband to Cancer June 24th 2023. I had been his caregiver since August last year. We were married for 42 years, together 44 years. I am lost, sad, overwhelmed, and so much more. I don’t have much else to say, just thought I would check in. I don’t know if I will continue to post or not. Hoping everyone is doing as well as can be.

Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Hi Snoopy,

It’s nice to see your avatar on a thread again. It’s been a long time.

i am so sorry about your husband. It must be a very big adjustment after many years of marriage.

I hope you are able to have a nice Thanksgiving and Christmas. Do you have other family to celebrate it with?

Comment

Hello SNOOPY!

I am so sorry to learn about the loss of your husband.

I've often thought about you and wondered how you were doing.

I had no idea that you were going through such a difficult time.

My heart goes out to you.

May you and your family be blessed as you go through this very tough time.

Thank you for dropping by to share. We miss you very much!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Snoopy,

I am truly sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. After 42 years plus with someone, it is a big void when they are no longer there. Anyone would be overwhelmed.

Have you considered any type of grief counseling, whether individual or group? I know some people have found solace in counseling, normalizing what they are feels ng and helping to move forward. But sometimes, just the passage of time is what is needed - time to adapt to a different normal. Just like MS, we all grieve differently.

I am glad you stopped in and posted. Truly hope in your own time, you will be back on the board more. We are here if you need us.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Oh dear Snoopy, I too, send my sympathy for the loss of your husband.

I also lost my previous husband and know what you are going through and feel your pain and grief. Be gentle with yourself during this difficult time and surround yourself with the love of your family.

Thanks for sharing and know you have been missed.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for letting us know what has happened. You have all my best. Happy to hear that you’re doing alright MS wise. That’s a lot to go through. I have been married for 42 years and together for 44 also. I can’t imagine and feel so sorry for you.
            I always liked reading your posts and just yesterday was wondering. I was diagnosed in 2005 but was only brave enough to join up in 2010. Your posts on here have helped me cope
            It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Hi Snoopy,

Yeah, grief is lost, sadness, and can be overwhelming, but it doesn't spiral unless you allow it.

Expect it to cycle through memories but don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

I don’t have much else to say either, but thank you for checking in.​

All here at MSW send and our prayers.

Jer

Comment

Hello Snoopy, I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how you are feeling. I really miss your post and seeing the Snoopy avatar. I hope you come back when you are feeling better.
                Prayers for you and your family.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Snoopy -- What a huge loss. I'm also an MS long-termer,. I've been married 39 years; together 41 years, so our lives have some similarities and overlap.

I'm glad to hear from you, but sad for your news. Please continue to come back.

- Faith
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Snoopy I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. I lost mine in 2018 and completely understand what you are going through. I'm here if you need to talk. Take care of yourself.
                    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Hi Snoopy,
                      Very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you decide to stick around a bit.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                      X