Crazy fatigue after eating??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy fatigue after eating??

Anyone else experiencing this? It’s not even after a heavy meal. I just get exhausted after I eat and have to lay down. I think I’m just weird!!!

Hello Kris!

Originally posted by KrisFL
    Anyone else experiencing this? It’s not even after a heavy meal. I just get exhausted after I eat and have to lay down. I think I’m just weird!!!
    Yes!!

When it first began happening, I thought it was due to certain foods.
    But I get the extreme fatigue from any foods that I eat - salads, fruits, vegetables, fish and meats included!

It doesn't matter what I eat.

You might be interested in this article called "Food Coma", which includes some possible theories about MS and fatigue after eating.

Food coma - by Gavin Giovannoni - MS-Selfie (substack.com)
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'm also posting a link to a long, technical and scholarly type article on hypothalamus dysfunction in MS (the hypothalamus is associated with metabolism, sleep, appetite, fatigue, muscle wasting, weight dysregulation).

I found it interesting, but then I don't mind articles that kind of "get into the weeds" (if I'm cognitively in the mood to read them).

Hypothalamic Dysfunction and Multiple Sclerosis: Implications for Fatigue and Weight Dysregulation - PMC (nih.gov)
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

YES ME TOO

Comment

Food make me tired, too. I think our bodies have to work harder to digest food.

Comment

Interesting info! Thank you!! It’s nice to know it’s not just me.

Comment

Working...
            X