Appendicitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appendicitis

Could it be related to MS? I have had so many unexplained sites of inflammation since I got dx. First, it was the inflammation of the orbits that wasn’t ON. They said my eyes were inflamed. Now my appendix is inflamed.

Could there be a connection? I don’t want to rush into a surgery if it’s just an MS side effect.

If you were diagnosed with an appendicitis, I would not mess around with it. Left untreated, it can be life threatening.

It can be caused by multiple things. It is possible that the gut biome that they suspect may affect MS, may also affect our appendicitis risk.

But I would definitely not treat an appendicitis by waiting it out.

I do hope you feel better and are not in to much pain. Please let us know if you have surgery.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...0and%20swollen.
    Last edited by pennstater; 04-12-2023, 05:25 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling of guy to gut
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I definitely agree with pennstater. It could burst and be life threatening.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Agree with the others. This needs to be addressed asap.

I hope you feel better soon, and please keep us updated!​
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I saw 3 surgeons. Two want me to operate and one thinks I should wait. I am such a big risk for infection since I’ve been on Tysabri. And I am taking low dose aspirin which causes a risk of bleeding.

They decided to send me home with antibiotics to see how I do. But they said there is a 30% failure rate if you try to use antibiotics. It’s nerve racking but I think it probably isn’t related to MS. It’s just a lousy coincidence that I’ve had so many serious things since I got diagnosed. But mtgey told me I definitely have appendicitis. Brain aneurysm, stroke, multiple kidney infections now this. I’m in the hospital 5 times a year as it is.

Comment

OMGoodness palmtree I am so sorry you have gone and are going through so much with your health. 5 times a year in the hospital would not be easy.

Praying the antibiotics will help you and I wish you all the best
            God Bless Us All

Comment

As someone who had appendicitis at 35 years of age and probably had it a good 48 hours before presenting to the ER I strongly urge you to have it removed. It can kill you. Don't be stupid like I was.

I had NO idea there was an MS link to appendicitis. Great, another thing to read up on.
              "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
              ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Pistachio View Post

I had NO idea there was an MS link to appendicitis. Great, another thing to read up on.
                I can't find the article, but is not a causal association. The theory is that our gut biome plays a role in both diseases.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Please get that appendix treated now. I was 8 months pregnant when mine burst. Removal was the ONLY "cure" and it was the best thing I could have done. I've never, ever heard of anyone associating appendix pain with MS. We tend to blame MS for everything, but that's not always the way to go.
                  Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
                    Please get that appendix treated now. I was 8 months pregnant when mine burst. Removal was the ONLY "cure" and it was the best thing I could have done. I've never, ever heard of anyone associating appendix pain with MS. We tend to blame MS for everything, but that's not always the way to go.
                    Having one of those things burst sounds really miserable. I might just decide to get it removed because of the uncertainty(where have we heard that before?)

Comment

Working...
                    X